Confused

Old 05-16-2012, 07:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Confused

I come here and read post and I read my books yet tonight when American Idol came on I was really hit with a sadness that AH was not here. The first week he was gone I was with friends and forgot the show was on I got home in time too see the last singer.

The second week I can't remember who was around seems I forget a lot of things lately. Tonight I was alone and for some reason thought I would breeze right through.

I guess what I am wanting too know is for people like me who finally realize they have to find a way out of the storm whatever their choice may be in my case AH has moved out I have only been to one meeting. I feel like I took a step back by the sadness I felt?

Anyone else have sadness over such a small thing?
Old 05-16-2012, 08:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think it is normal and to be expected. I have not been to meetings or started working a program yet, so maybe it changes after that. But either way at the end of the day, a part of you is gone, you have a new future to face, and new dreams to be made, and ones to give up. Its a sad thing. I have very recently left my AH, it is very hard, and incredibly sad. I will allow myself to feel this way- not forever,but long enough to face the sadness, gather whats left of me and start moving on.

Good luck, take care of yourself. And remember- ice cream makes everything better, even if only for a minute- so go get yourself some
Old 05-16-2012, 08:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

letting yourself feel is an important part of your own healing

however, feelings can also become a trigger...our own codependent issues can become cunning, powerful and baffling. just like an addict

when you feel sad you can acknowledge it, embrace yourself, comfort yourself, reach out, make a call or post here...just be aware that the codependency in you may "use" the feelings to spiral down into self-pity. and what is the self-medicating drug for our self-pity? guess...the addict...maybe just a little text, a call...maybe a coffee

slippery
I know.
yes, I know

feel your feelings, and let them pass. our thoughts can change our feelings. feel the sadness and then look around and notice what you are grateful for. think it all the way through...maybe you're sad because you have lost his companionship. but think it all the way through...what is the real truth of his companionship?

starting over is hard, but making a move toward a healthier life is worth all the effort. don't let a little sadness drag you down into having to start all over again
don't let the sadness lead to a relapse