Still Here

Old 05-16-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still Here

I have been a member since 2008. Yes, I still have a AD. She is just so out of control. Since I last posted, she has gotten married, has a wonder ful 15 month old son, and is now back to the same old tricks.

She has been drunk now for at least 8 days this time. She is cursing at me and my husband, saying her husband is beating her and locking him out. We are at wits end about what to do. I have distanced myself from her because she is so abusive to me. However, I feel so sorry for my son-in-law and my grandson, she refuses to get help. She will go on facebook and just post lies about all of us.

I have told them I will be there in a minute for my grandson but I cannot take the abuse anymore, she has said things to me that I would not say to my worst enemy.

It just hurts so bad, still after 10 years, I am doing the right thing?
Old 05-16-2012, 01:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello lavern,

What happens after you pick up your grandson?
When you say "we" are at wits end about what to do, who is the "we"?
Do you really care what she says about you on Facebook?
Can't you just block her?

Should your grandson be a constant witness to this foolishness?
She won't get help unless she hits bottom, after reading your other posts, it seems everyone walks on eggshells around this abusive, irresponsible drunk.

If you are still hurting so bad, I do not think you are doing the right thing for you,
and definitely not for your grandchild.

Beth
Old 05-16-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Still Here

We, is my husband and I. She has been turned into CPS, twice, they said it is not wrong for her to drink, she is of age! Her husband called the cops, he got arrested! She will not let see the baby, only the husband can see the baby, and he takes care of the baby all the time while she is drunk.

I have blocked her from facebook, I have decided to not care anymore. We have been sheltering her addiction from the family, we have finally started telling everyone the truth.

I just feel so bad for the baby, he is too sweet. He has had two major surgeries in the last year and does not deserve this.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Lavern,

It is best to tell everyone the truth. I think you will be surprised that people will understand and want to help.
I am sorry for the baby too.
Your daughter has been doing this for so long, it is so sad.
It is awful that CPS is useless. She can drink because she is of age, WOW! and her baby obviously needs special help.

Beth
Old 05-16-2012, 03:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks, we just keep praying. She has been like this 10 years. Although she was sober during her pregnancy. We had our daughter for a short time.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Gosh, lavern, sorry about the pain of this for you and your family.

It hurts so much to deal with addiction. I can't believe CPS won't do anything. That is just terrible! That is what I fear about dealing with my own A and leaving him for fear he will get half custody and just drink/neglect our 2 year old if I am not around.

It can make you feel crazy, can't it? I have been told by many on here and by my mom to keep a log book and have started one. Get pictures whenever possible. It may help in proving she is truly unfit. It seems people can get their kids taken for illegal drugs, but since Alcohol is legal technically we have to put up with its abuse. I think laws need to be changed to deal with alcoholic parents, but then there might be an inundation of homeless children because I bet there are TONS of A's in this country. So very sad.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

AD called before Memorial Day, apologized, said she wanted us to see our grandson. So, we went on a roadtrip to see him. He is so sweet. AD was sober while we were there. Once we left she went back to it. She has been drunk for over a week. Making up things like her husband beating her, she is totally drunk with the baby there and no one else. She just called yelling at me and she does this everyday. I answer just so she will not yell at my baby. I am not why i even blog, I am just so sad and drained.