Notices

:)

Old 05-16-2012, 11:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

:)

I am 23 years old and addicted to opiates of any kind I have also used heroin. I am about 50 hours sober which I know is nothing. I am not feeling to bad right now and all I have taken is Benadryl and some Xanax just to help me sleep.I also have been smoking some weed which helps a lot( I am also planning on stopping this after one step at a time) I have been through withdrawals many times and most of the time I end up getting more just to feel better. My husband is also addicted we have both decided enough is enough it cost way to much money we never do anything as a family anymore. I can control my cravings better than he can at times he will get angry if he can't get more (which I understand I have to in the past). I dont know if I am strong enough to see him suffer and still say no I know for a fact if he gets some and it's in the house I will do it. Any suggestions will help. I am really feeling so good about myself and don't want to go back to depending on them.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hello Finally2,

I don't know anything about heroin or opiate abuse, but you'll find a lot of support here - I know others will respond

I think regardless of what your husband does or doesn't do, you need to stay focused on your own journey.

If you're waiting for someone else to either stand, or fall, the sad truth is neither of you is likely to get very far.

Have you thought about programmes like NA? It sounds like you could use some real life support as well?

You might also like to check out substance abuse forum as well:

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome to SR
D