First Meeting

Old 05-14-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Meeting

I went to my first FA meeting tonight and felt more at home then I had any other places in the past. I was not feeling well and almost didn't go then I asked myself what would my SR family say if I posted how I wasn't feeling well and not going.

So I thank you my SR family I knew what too do.

I know one meeting is too early to know if this. is the place for me but my guts ays yes.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing!! I have been putting off going to meetings for a long time. I have decided that I am going tomorrow. I am hopeful I find what I am looking for.

What did you learn?
Old 05-15-2012, 06:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Amy, I am glad you have decided to go that first step takes so much courage the meeting I attended was very emotional I already knew I was not alone in this I have this wonderful family here at SR, which I will also continue to be with.First and foremost at least to me I learned face to face is very helpful because you can see the people and that alone although scary helped me because I could see the expressions as they shared.

You do not have to say anything if you do not want to. You will be given literature that you take home and can read. I wish I could share a few of the stories with you however I can't because what is said there stays there only.

I did learn that I have been wallowing in self pity something I didn't even realize as people shared their stories I was given anew perspective on different ways of looking at and handling some situations that I would never have thought of .

They suggest you attend six meetings before deciding if you feel the program is for you.
I have watched American Idol all year and the next meeting is Thursday night as much as I would love to see who is voted off as I cannot record I will be at the meeting.

That tells me that for me personally I learned yes, it is time for me to start my recovery.

I am not good at putting things in writing so I hope my rambling helped.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Angie

Good for you girl!

:ghug3
ke