mothers day

Old 05-14-2012, 07:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

mothers day

my mil sent a card. i didn't open it and just tossed it on the counter with the rest of the mail.

it seems passive aggressive for me to return it to her, but i don't want to open it.

it feels like a set up. mil is reaching out and i am an ungrateful wretch who won't even acknowledge a card.

i guess i am trying to find the path of least resistance to deal with her and her insincere gesture.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

After I separated from my AW I broke all contact with her family. They are her family not mine and if I keep contact with them it keeps me in the drama. I don't dislike them or anything but if it hadn't been for my AW I would never have met them.

It's just the right thing for me to do for my serenity.

So, if you don't want to deal with them, don't. You get to choose who you want to invite into your life.

I might open it just to see if there was money inside.

Your friend,
Old 05-14-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am not contacting AH's family at all and have blocked MIL's email after her barrage of attacks earlier this year.

I was a bit surprised that she sent something in the mail but come to think of it, it may be because my girls sent her cards earlier in the week that they made... maybe she felt she had to?

I know I sound like a whiny little kid but really what I want is for her to just leave me alone so that I don't have to bother with the annoyance of finding her handwriting in my mail.

Considering the major issues so many are dealing with this isn't really complain worthy but it was bugging me so thanks for letting me vent/share!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

leave it sit unopened...stick it in a drawer and maybe in a few months it won't bug you....and if there is $$$ inside, a found bonus. if you feel she wrote something nasty in the card, just toss it now and put her out of your thoughts.