This Mothers Day, I wish you

Old 05-13-2012, 03:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This Mothers Day, I wish you

an awareness of the awesome experience motherhood is.

I wish you the internal power you need to fiercely protect your children, the strength to act on your convictions of what is really best for them, the absence of the thought "but... what right to I have to remove them from their other parent just because their other parent is an addict?" and a moment of peace to love yourself today.

And that goes for mothers, fathers, and everyone else.

Holidays of any kind are difficult when you live or have lived in families with addiction. You look around you and see all these perfect families and it just stabs you straight in the heart.

Never you mind. And, as a wise person said: Never compare your insides to other people's outsides.

Regardless of what other people's lives look like, you have the power to change yours if you are unhappy with it.

Lots of love to you all today.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I really needed this. This is the 2nd Mothers Day in a row that my AH has devastated me and took of on me. I am trying to be strong but the pain is very much present.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

lillamy- I just want to tell you how inspiring your recent posts have been. I know when I first came on this board your pain was evident and your honesty helped me a great deal. Now your posts seem to indicate that you are more at peace and your words offer me hope that I can follow you there. Have a wonderful Mother's Day.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you.

I'm working my way toward a place of peace. I think in the first two years after leaving, my focus has been so much on my children's emotional stability that I've basically put my own on the backburner.

Recently, I've determined that emotionally stability trickles down, and the best thing I can do for them is make sure I stand firmly and steadily. So that's my commitment for the year to come: To commit even more to my recovery and health. Because that is the best thing I can do for them now.