Notices

I feel so confused

Old 05-12-2012, 10:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel so confused

So I was just introduced to this term "dry drunk". I've read about it and it seems to characterize my husband's behaviours. There are some characteristics that he doesn't display. For example, he is not mean, he is the kindest nicest man, he doesn't get angry to the point where he explodes but I know he is internalizing his anxiety, he never openly talks or shares an opinion, he always avoids me and topics of discussion, especially if we fight.

He has been sober for a little over 4 years. Great for him, but my life is slipping away because he doesn't want to have a relationship with me. Or is it me?

I mean I've been very upset with him, I have lost control of myself completely at times. It seems like most days these past few months I've taken on his behaviour of silence and avoidance. What is happening to me? I know he's unhappy and I know I am so unhappy, but I love him so much. Suggestions?
Thank you!!
Old 05-12-2012, 10:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Welcome to Sober Recovery.

Please check out our Friends and Family of Alcoholics Forum:

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Lots of folks on there that have been where you are or are where you are and they are willing to share their Experience, Strength, and Hope (ES&H).

Hope that helps a bit.

Love and hugs,
Old 05-12-2012, 11:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Marriage Counseling
Old 05-12-2012, 11:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Been there.....

We have been attending on and off for 5 years. We need to get another therapist obviously