Notices

Feeling so lost

Old 05-12-2012, 02:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling so lost

Yesterday I had the day off and thought a margarita sounded good. Well that turned into the whole fifth of tequila. My partner got home to find me drunker than I've ever been. I have no memory of him coming home or what happened. I had to call in sick to work today because I think I was still intoxicated at 2pm. I am so disappointed in myself. I joined SR today because my life must change. Yesterday was my last drink. I have said this before many times and have failed later. I guess it's because I thought I can have just one drink or drink socially.
I feel like such a loser, I can't even get out of bed.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Rock Bottom. You will found a lot of support here.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, well done on making the choice to quit drinking alcohol. It really is a positive change to one's life. Make sure you come back here often to read and post as it really does help.

Best wishes
Old 05-12-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR - we're all here to change our lives, you're not a loser - you're a champion for making the decision to change your life for the better!

Have you got a plan on how to stay sober?

We're all here for you!!!:day6
Old 05-12-2012, 02:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your kindness.
Workingknee, my first step was joining today. I have been a frequent viewer of the forums
And that has helped in the past. I think joining and participating will be much more beneficial.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey there - I think what helped me was telling my humilating story, sharing with everyone here who are compassionate and understanding people - all the things I regret and the hopes and goals I have - that helps when the cravings or urges come round- to think about the word I've given to SR and myself - but having the accountability of what I've said has been so important for me. It also feels like people can get a picture of your life, and how they can make suggestions for change depending on their circumstance in relation to yours. I've yet to go to AA simply because it would be impossible to make the times they are on in my city, but I've been committed to my word on SR and committed to my personal goals - so I feel like for now its enough to keep me sober. Who would have thought?!?! It may be different for you?

Hope you're being kind to yourself today, lay down, drink lots of water, love yourself. You'll get through this...
Old 05-12-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Its good to hear somebody feels the exact same way as me today.... I cannot drink in moderation, once I have the first drink its over for me... I am going to attend my first meeting tonight in years and try to post on here more often. I feel so alone and ashamed about myself and drinking but I know coming here will help. I hope one day to be able to say its been years since my last drink Best wishes to you HRB70 and heres to winning the fight!
Old 05-12-2012, 02:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome HRB,

Glad you've made the shift from viewing to letting us know who you are. You're reaching out and that my friend is a great start to a new way of living without the pain you are feeling right now. Day one for you is now. As bad as you feel at the moment, remember that you did a great thing today by getting just reaching out.

Can you please allow yourself to feel good about that? We are so so hard on ourselves when what we need is a bit of hope. It's a great start.

We're all here to support you.

Big hugs
Old 05-12-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Recovering

Hi HRB,

Come and join us!
Old 05-12-2012, 02:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Old 05-12-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR HRB
You'll find a lot of support here - and a few ideas too

welcome back to you too witchaks

D
Old 05-12-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Workingknee and Debsam thank you so much.
Wichitaks good luck with the fight, be strong.
Joining today was the best thing I could have done. I know I made a big step so i must give myself credit for that. I am feeling better and going for a walk with my dog. I will check in again soon. You all have helped me greatly.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Came to Believe

Welcome to SR, HRB. My definition of loser definitely doesn't include someone who is actively trying to make positive changes in his/her life.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Welcome! Stick around. Even if you start feeling better.. especially when you start feeling better, stay close so that we can help support your new life.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You came to the right place for wonderful support
Old 05-12-2012, 03:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hey HRB - you're no loser. Losers don't try to fix what's wrong, or reach out for a new life.

I went on for years insisting I could use willpower to cut down - or control what I drank. It was always a failure. There was never one drink for me. I wish it hadn't taken me decades to learn that. That won't be you - you're smarter than that. You can have a whole new beginning. Glad you are here.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I'm so glad you joined. Enjoy your walk with your dog. Many of us find our pets are such a comfort to us as we begin the recovery journey.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welcome HitRockBottom70,you are in the right place.It would great if you could get to AA meetings.There is nothing like Face To Face Support....Read the 20 questions of AA to see if you are an Alcoholic or Not.Good Luck to you......
Old 05-12-2012, 04:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome!
This is a great place. Good to have you here.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Professional Drunk

Hi Rockbottom,
This site has helped me a lot. Whenever I am at home and just sitting around (the part of the day I used to drink during), I keep my laptop open at all times so when I get a craving i come on here and read posts like yours to remind me of what I will feel like tomorrow if even have that first drink. It really helps me to think through my craving and let it pass.