Notices

Hello everyone

Old 05-12-2012, 10:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
K97

Hello everyone

So i dont really know where to start but im 27 years old and just realized not to long ago that i have a problem with alcohol. I have had bad depresssion for most of my life, it got worse in highschool when my dad past away suddenly from a hart problem. I started to binge drinke and use other stuff to help deal with my problems and started down a very dark path, about a year or 2 latter i met someone. She help me get back on track ( quite drinking and othere stuff) and stop spining out of control. Just in the past year i find myself in the same dilemma just worse. My binge drinking is worse than ever, It started out just on weekends then weekdays now its sometimes every othere day. My mess ups are geting bigger and bigger, I've pulled my family into it and hurt my friends got into troble with the cops. I cant seem to drink with out blacking out and recently I've been verbally and physically mean to otheres. Now that i look back at the dumbest things i have ever done (most of them being in the past year) just about all of them i was drunk. I know i can get my life back on track agine, after findind this site and see othere dealing with the same problems and where they are now gives me a lot of hope and encouragement to stop. Thank you all and im sorry for rambling on, any tip or advice you may have would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-12-2012, 10:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Welcome to SR, K97! You will find a lot of support here. Every one of us started out just like you and found ourselves using alcohol to cope with life issues. Some of us enjoyed drinking for a while, but at some point, it lost its enjoyment and got us into a lot of trouble.

Please make yourself comfortable and read and post a lot. It will help. We're all in this together and you have come to a great place for support.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR K97....Don't worry about rambling...It's good to get that stuff out. I've been down that dark path and it's not pretty. I hurt a lot of people...Including myself. There are ways out of it. I'm an alcoholic and I had to stop for good...No mas...Done. You sound like you may be close to that point. What do you feel about never drinking again?
Old 05-12-2012, 11:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Recovering

Hi there K97. You're not alone!
Old 05-12-2012, 01:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Came to Believe

Welcome to SR K97. Coming here and admitting that you have a problem is a courageous first step. You'll find a lot of people (myself included) who have been where you've been and where you are now. Glad to have you. Keep reading and posting.

--Fenris.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi K97

SR certainly helped me get my life together - hope we can help you too

Have you got any kind of plan yet?

If you're interested in face to face support as well as SR there's many different approaches and methods of recovery around - here's some links to some of the main players:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html

I recommend you visit the Secular Connections forum if you think you may benefit from a non 12 step approach.

The main thing tho - whatever you decide to do - is do something.
You can change things - and you'll find a lot of support here

Welcome

D
Old 05-12-2012, 03:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We're here for you K97 - we all understand just what you're going through. I knew I had a problem in my 20's, but I never faced it the way you are. I almost destroyed my life trying to control what I drank - so you're much wiser than me.

It sounds like drinking is no longer fun for you - just a dangerous habit that's leading nowhere. It's good you're stopping now - you'll never have the horrible consequences many of us have. Congratulations on your decision - you can do this!
Old 05-12-2012, 03:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
K97

I just want to say thanks for your support and advice. I do think its time for me to quit drinking, the only way i can be sure about not repeating my mistakes is to stop. Im afraid if i go on drinking i might be able to controul myself for a while but sooner or latter Ill be in the same situation or worse. I dont think theres any better time to start than now, espicaly now that i have found SR. I have to say if anything good came of my most recent problems, it would be finding SR and all of ur support. You are right it isnt fun anymore and its time for a change and to make a plan.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Everything happens for a reason K97...I'm a firm believer in that. Congrats on Day 1.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Hi k97

I'm glad you searched for some solution and found SR. Like Sapling writes: "everything happens for a reason", and apply that to recovery, "cause and effect", if you put enough good recovery plans together you wont drink.

Good to have you here at SR.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I wish you success in sobriety. It takes work and change to make our lives better but it's worth the effort. I've been living sober over two years now and haven't felt this good in ages. I'm glad you found us.:ghug3
Old 05-12-2012, 06:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome K97!

I found this place when I was at my lowest point with drinking and it inspired me to quit, too. I never would have believed I'd enjoy life without alcohol, but now I wouldn't go back to it for anything! Glad you're here!