Notices

The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep.”

Old 05-09-2012, 11:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep.”

Enough said, guess I'll watch Family Guy. It is better than being passed out, just need to remember.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry for your dream and sorry you can't sleep Fitz but I'm glad you have the right attitude about it

D
Old 05-10-2012, 03:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think the best part of not being able to sleep when you're sober is that you don't feel nearly as bad as you did when you were drinking, you get all kinds of things done and you get to watch the sun come up and be thankful for all you have!
Old 05-10-2012, 03:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's good, I have a pattern of covering real feelings with haha so I can seem satorical when I am serious but I still crack myself up. But believe me the things I read here, the things I feel are very real. I have a hard time crying but then I do but then I'll laugh because we are all passions. As I said 2 months again and not counting. This morning, not sleeping, still such a gift.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great point tutie. I hated those nights when I passed out drunk only to wake at 3 or 4 feeling ill. Usually if there was more booze around I would finish it off and hope to pass out again. I am so thankful I don't have to live like that anymore.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I highly recommend Melatonin. It's a naturally occurring hormone and for me does WONDERS in correcting sleep patterns.

give it a try
Old 05-10-2012, 05:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If anyone is having trouble sleeping, here's a natural remedy I came across. Almond butter on whole wheat bread. Almonds contain Tryptophan which is the same stuff that makes you sleepy when you eat turkey, and whole wheat contains a chemical that causes the Trypto to be absorbed more quickly into your bloodstream. Top this off with sliced bananas which contain a natural muscle relaxant. A glass of warm milk on the side and you'll be in lala land in no time.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I would drink just to fall asleep!
Old 05-10-2012, 05:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Facing laying in bed at night when I couldn't escape my thoughts is what got me into trouble. Alcohol was a bit of a 'sleeping pill' for me. Unfortunately, I'd pass out, and yes I'd sleep through the night, but I never felt rested. I'm lucky to get 5 hours of sleep sober, but I still feel more rested than I did when I passed out drunk for 10 hours.