Notices

Saw my "dealer" today!!!

Old 05-07-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Saw my "dealer" today!!!

It was so strange.... I was dropping a book off at the library and I see my old "dealer" (alcohol in this case) opening up one of his stores for the morning... he sort of looked over at me and stared like he wanted to talk to me or something... I just paid it no attention but for some reason it felt weird since I only know the guy from going to his stores up to 3 times per day everyday. He probably wanted to know if I was going to someone else because of how much $$$ I spent there. It made me happy in a way to realize I never have to see that guy again!
Old 05-07-2012, 09:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you on not even talking to him. After I'd gotten into recovery, one of my old dealers called as he hadn't heard from me. I was quite surprised when I told him "I'm not doing that shytt any more" and he was really happy? He, and others, had been trying to tell me "ya know, you really should get off this stuff and get your life back".

I've been in recovery long enough that there are only a few I would even recognize, and they are almost 2 hours away. I can SPOT one, I just say a little gratitude prayer that I have no interest in talking/buying these days.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-07-2012, 01:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!!! What you did took so much courage and strength! Keep fighting the good fight!!!! I'm not there yet, but can't wait!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Congrats! I have run into old dealers on FB. I do not live near where I used anymore. It is weird...one of them I have deleted 2 times but she kept finding me. She is a nurse practioner today and clean, but I just feel sort of weird being her friend cuz my old life had so much pain.

I am proud of you!

Lily