Not again...

Old 05-06-2012, 04:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not again...

My husband is an alcoholic and sober for the past 2 yrs. Now it seems hes moved on to illegal pain killers. We just started to get our lives on track, moved cross country and he opened a new business, now this. He's been acting weird...... comes home very late, very tired and grumpy, I cant even talk to him about anything anymore, he eats and goes to bed - sleeps 10-12 hrs , gets up and goes back to the shop. He's told me he gets pain pills from his friends for his back pain , but only takes them once in awhile. I can't talk to him about it, I've tried. He just gets attitude and either hangs up on me or leaves the house.. We were spending 1 day a week together, but that stopped 2 months ago, and the month prior, we would go out for the day and he would dropp me at home to go to the shop and come home 4hrs later all weird again. From my past experience with him, I feel its only gonna get worse......
Not really sure what to do at this point in my life. Kids are grown, I have a carrer and am very financially stable. I would like to try to help him, just don't know how?
Pardon the spelling please
Old 05-06-2012, 04:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Would appear that he is now addicted to pain pills...if he says he is only taking them on occasion, his actions tell you otherwise.

You cannot help him, only he can help himself, he either wants to hop on the recovery train or he does not...that's the bottom line.

What about you? Are you in recovery from codependency? Have you read Codependency No More...it is a good starting point.

I am sorry that you are in pain, keep posting and reading others posts...and, don't forget
about the stickies.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

He does not want to talk about it. He denies there is an issue. He is living his life as he sees fit to do. There's nothing here to support.

Addiction is progressive. If you are willing to continue to live with the ghost of the man and plant yourself front row, center to this spiral, protect all of your assets from theft.