Notices

Question about rehab...

Old 05-06-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Question about rehab...

Hey ya'll! I just got home from my stint in jail and am acyually feeling pretty positive.I've tried out patient and support groups,etc. but have yet to go into a long term rehab facility.Any one have any thoughts -all feedback will be greatly appreciated.All i know is sometihng has to happen soon..peace
Old 05-06-2012, 04:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ziney,

I'm glad you got through that.

I didn't do any kind of rehab myself, but I'm sure others will be along who can give you advice. I hope that you do whatever it takes.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on your freedom ziney...I did a 30 day inpatient rehab...I ended up leaving after 2 weeks....I was paying out of pocket. We had two options they prepared us for...AA and out patient for 10 weeks after the 30 days. I liked the introduction I got for AA...That's the route I took. Inpatient will provide a safe environment and you can learn some things there. Bottom line...What you do when you get out will make or break it. I had a friend in there that extended to 90 days and he bought beer on the way home. I did 14 days and went out and did my 90 meetings in 90 days....I actually doubled that. So like any recovery plan you want to do long term....You get out of it...What you put into it.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I've been to rehab twice. Both times was Partial Hospitalization where i went for 7 hours a day 7 days a week for however many weeks they decided i needed to stay. I found it informative and helpful and a great jumpstart but without a clear plan for afterwards, it's just information. I would recommend you have another recovery program ready, like AA, for after rehab. That way when your done with rehab you hit the ground running with another program.

Another good thing about rehab is that they will probably hook you up with a psych who may diagnose you with other underlying mental issues that could have led to your drinking. Mine helped me a lot. They also set you up with aftercare that involves continued therapist sessions and psych appointments. At least, that's been my experience with my rehab facility and they're known for being a really good psychiatric hospital.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Rehab became my last resort after full participation in a faith based self-help program that was unsuited to meet my addiction treatment needs. In an uncontrolled environment like the ones I found in self-help groups, people were dropping out constantly. Even had more that a few people asking me if I wanted to get high with them. I needed structure, oversight and a safe retirement then, rehab provided that.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I did very well when I went to a 28 inpatient program & then did 6 weeks of outpatient followed by a year of sober living. Look at this way, any type of rehab is most likely going to be better than jail.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

Pay attention in rehab. Ignore the opposite sex. It's not a joke, your life depends on this! Get serious and you'll do well!

Best wishes,