Huffing Freon

Old 05-04-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Huffing Freon

With summer fast approaching, many people are turning on their air-conditioning for the first time this year. My friend went to turn on her air-conditioning unit this week and it was not working. That alone is not unusual. That would be par for the course at my house--something is always breaking down.

In my friend's case, the air-conditioning technician concluded the freon in her unit had been drained without any apparent leak. Though he couldn't prove it was from huffing the gas, he said that's probably what it was because there was no leak yet no freon to be found. He told her she could install a locking mechanism to prevent future freon from being taken. It was quite an expense refilling the freon--not something anyone would want to do more than necessary not to mention the risk if anyone is huffing the gas. Huffing freon is very dangerous and can cause death.

I'm going to see about locking my units. I don't want to make it easy for anyone to get high and cost me hundreds of dollars to later top off my freon-or worse, die from getting high off my freon.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh, geez, when my son started using, he was 12 and was huffing gas.
His father did not want to let me know, because he had custody and was afraid I would take him from him.
Take him to the hospital maybe!
Take him to rehab!
My ex husband was ashamed of his son, the addict.
He is now using heroin, or whatever he can get his hands on.
Dammit, now freon. Immediate brain damage.