It's been awhile

Old 05-02-2012, 11:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's been awhile

Since I have written or even looked at this site. But something brought me back for a peek. It was comforting to see a lot of the same folks here. It made it strangely familiar to read to be able to recognize your writing styles. Life has been moving so fast lately that I havent had time to come up for breath. My wife and are are coming upon 28 years together next month. The first 22 were great. The last have been a mixture of pure hell mix with a long period (6 months) of relative calm. But the drinking is slowly but steadily getting worse to where it is now a minimum of a bottle of wine a night. The last child is about ready to move now so it is going to be just the two of us and to be honest I am not really looking forward to it. I turned 50 this year and for the most part am looking forward to these years ahead, I just wish so much that I had a healthy mate to share it with. So... sorry for the ramble. Thanks for you all being there, it means a lot.

grizz
Old 05-03-2012, 03:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I wish you had a healthy mate to share it with, too, grizz. I'm so very sorry to hear about your wife. What are you doing for you so you can enjoy the empty nest?
Old 05-03-2012, 04:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I dont know for sure what that is supposed to look like. It is far different now than I thought it would be. We spent so much time and energy raising the kids that we are looking at each other saying now what. Our interestes are polar opposite. She likes the big city and the arts. I like the country a good motorcycle and a dog to fetch a stick. We are in the begining process of building a house. Right now it all seems for not. just taking a day at a time and being resolute on who I am

grizz
Old 05-03-2012, 07:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Grizz, nice to hear from you again. I'm sorry that the cycle is continuing for you and your wife.
I stayed away for a while too. In my day to day life I am removed from the alcoholic madness, and I was feeling stressed just reading what people are going through. Something also made me come back, not sure what. But its kind of like alanon...I feel like I will always be here.