Notices

I Laughed My Head Off

Old 05-02-2012, 09:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Laughed My Head Off

Not that there is much left to laugh off. But funny talking to my new doctor and he like what's up and I said he feel okay but I'm a drunk so need to get things checked out and he Kind of goes glass glass eyed And I like explaned to him I was a drunk, and I think it scared him because he wasn't trained or it is a social dis ease. Not an AAer but like people that will hug me and I like making coffee. What is tougher than a recovering Buddhist drunk In Nevada Anyway kinda funny sad when you scare your DR
Old 05-02-2012, 09:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ok didn't laugh my head off. I felt sad like I see neigbors or talk to family and its like I get like pity or fear "Well how you? Can I help I have a dis=ease I amd not my dis=ease so I'll watch Monty Pyhon and breathe, oh and right now not pick up
Old 05-02-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's important to try and not get too caught up in other peoples reactions Fitz - you and I know we're just regular joes who put our pants on one leg at a time just like anyone else...we just also happen to be alcoholics.

On a personal welfare basis tho, I prefer a Dr who knows something about alcoholism and addiction....maybe it's time to try and find one?

D
Old 05-02-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I put my pantsw on and tripped
Old 05-02-2012, 09:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

U crack me up fitz!
Old 05-02-2012, 10:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Keep moving forward Fritz. Good move on seeing your doctor. You probably want to get some bloodwoork pulled and make sure everything checked out. My electrolytes we all boogered up when i went in and i had to be put on a drip my first time in detox.

Also, you probably want to get started on a daily multivitamin. Lots of alcoholics have neglected their health for a long time and a good multivitamin is a good thing to start. I personally take a multivitamin with your iron (a chick thing) and folic acid (something they started me on in detox the second time around so i continued it). Your doc may recommend other things.