Notices

Help?

Old 05-01-2012, 08:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CaitRadke

Exclamation Help?

I'm never one to ask for help,advice,or anything,I'm always the one sitting back helping others,but lately,I've fallen back into the whole addiction thing....see back in december I was SUPPOSED to be in rehab for my final time,but the doctor wanted me out fast,threw me on klonopin a benzo,obviously what good doctor puts a addictive personality who is bipolar on that and expects a good outcome?! I've been on it for 5 months now,and my current psych doctor thinks it's just fun to up and down my doses,even at one point last month weaning me off fast causing painful withdrawals....but now it's too the point I'm sneaking pills just to feel "ok" obviously,I'm really needing help,but the thing is.
I need to email my therapist about this,but first I need to know what to ask her for,how to bring it up,and I need to know of places where I live to go to detox and go to rehab,theres no many here for teens,seeing I'm 15,it's most doctors first instinct to throw you into a mental hospital,but that obviously backfired,I told them I'd never go back no matter what...I live in virginia(in basically the middle of nowhere,gainesville,va),if anyone can help me research some places,I found this really good place called CATS that's in a regular hospital but on their psych floor,they said the first time I went in to be evaluated to be admitted to the mental hospital a hour away that they'd admit teens but at the same time their site says services available to 18+,is it just me or would that highly confuse you too? anyways,before this is a 3 page essay haha,help <3 this will be my 4th time,I'd like it to be my final and successful try...I feel like I'm letting everyone down,especially my one idol who even told me he was proud of my sobriety last time,it's just there in my mind,what would everyone thing once they found out....ok seriously ending the thread now,just throw your advice in there.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Cait

I'm not in the US...maybe others will know of suitable places in their experience?

Can your parents help or is that not an option?

I think it would be best to simply be honest and open with your therapist about whats going on...maybe even ask if they have any rehab suggestions...they may have local knowledge we here don't.

There is a databases of USA treatment facilities...you can narrow that down to your local area and every entry will have a brief description and a contact number

Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator

I'd tend to trust the information you get from a real live person more than a website so maybe the CATS thing is worth pursuing?

I wish you the best anyway...welcome to SR - you'll find a lot of support here
D
Old 05-01-2012, 09:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
CaitRadke

well,they can,but they've pretty much just given up in a way on me....
Old 05-01-2012, 09:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

If you are 15, I'd talk to your parents about what is going on, you are a minor.

I wish you well,
Old 05-01-2012, 09:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
CaitRadke

the thing is,I've tried,the only person to get them to believe it is my therapist,and I don't know what to tell her.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

just tell her what you're telling us Cait - print out this thread if you need to

D
Old 05-01-2012, 09:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
CaitRadke

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
just tell her what you're telling us Cait - print out this thread if you need to

D
that's actually....something I didn't think of,thanks
Old 05-01-2012, 09:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
CaitRadke

Just sent the email,hardest thing I've ever done ._.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it will be a good step forward

D
Old 05-01-2012, 09:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You have a problem and it's great your taking action on it...Nobody can help you if you aren't completely honest about it. It's not easy...But I admire you for doing it...At 15 I was just setting out on a long life of destruction....And that's what I got.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
CaitRadke

I've been like this since I was 13,I'm 16 in less than 4 months,I've had it with it all
Old 05-01-2012, 10:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I wish you the best...It probably wouldn't be a bad idea for you to check out a couple NA meetings....Maybe you could go with your dad or something...Learn a little about how people recover from addiction....One thing you mention in the beginning.. You never are one to ask for help...Don't ever be afraid to do that. Just coming here you did that...That's good. Take care of yourself...Use this site for support...You can learn some things here.