Proud of me.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Proud of me.

Backstory:
My brother has been an active addict for 12 years that I know of. His DOC has bounced around from crack to heroin to ether to bath salts. He just has to be high. Period. He stayed in our house for 2 weeks earlier this year-- that was not my decision-- my grandfather owns our house, and told him he could stay here for a couple of weeks and I had to make him leave when that time was up. When I offered him a ride to the place he was going to stay, he tried to get me to drive him a dozen different places.... Short version: I left him at the first place he asked me to drive him. Yes, it was obviously a drug motel where he was going to be using/buying/dealing.... But I was done. It was not my problem anymore, so I drove away. Fast forward two weeks. He was staying at the same motel and was arrested in a raid. Some charges dealing with paraphernalia, some dealing with the prostitution and dealing that was happening out of the same room.

That was two weeks ago. He has a court date tomorrow, they've dropped the felony and his attorney thinks they'll give him time served and turn him loose. He called my mother today and asked her to bail him out. She will not, but she did call his friends and find him a place to stay if someone else bailed him out. (My take on this was: He's been in jail for two weeks. What's one more night? She seems to think they dropped the felony because he offered evidence against someone else. She, as any mother would be, is afraid for him. I get how she feels, and she doesn't have to be recovering from her codie-ness just because I am. Let it go.)

Then his baby's mother/ex-gf called me. She is going to put up the money to get him out of jail. She wanted me to go get him and do the actual signing and paying for it with her money.

I freaked out for a minute.

And then.

I.

Said.

NO.

I did tell her that I've been doing great with my Alanon and helping out an addict like this is detrimental to my recovery. (I know. No is a full sentence. But I wanted to let her know subtly that she, too, can step off of the roller coaster if she wants.)
Old 05-01-2012, 11:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you!! I am very proud of you!
Old 05-01-2012, 12:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beeswax View Post
[

I freaked out for a minute.

And then.

I.

Said.

NO.

I did tell her that I've been doing great with my Alanon and helping out an addict like this is detrimental to my recovery. (I know. No is a full sentence. But I wanted to let her know subtly that she, too, can step off of the roller coaster if she wants.)
Old 05-01-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Way to go Bee :-) you did amazing. :-)
Old 05-01-2012, 02:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Wonderful...