Four days and no response from AXBF --feeling afraid

Old 04-29-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Four days and no response from AXBF --feeling afraid

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I've had no response for four days from AXBF about the money he owes me after my email telling him I'll have to take him to small claims court. It just compounds the pain of our relationship ending due to his drinking.

I spent the night at a friend's last night because she had a birthday party. When I came home this morning, one of the new solar lights I'd put in along the walkway to my front door was pulled out of the ground and laying broken on the walkway. Like someone had tripped over it and sent it flying. Maybe it was a strange coincidence, but I live in a very quiet neighborhood where random people don't walk up to your door.

I feel unsettled that I haven't heard anything from him in four days, and more so now that I came home to find the walkway light broken. AXBF is usually the type to walk completely away from relationships and I figured I'd never be bothered by him again.

I feel sick, not knowing if he came here last night, in a drunken state. I know I shouldn't let my imagination run away with me, but my sense of safety is shaken.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I"m so sorry. I can relate to that fear--you may consider going to al-Anon--I've been going for about a month, and it's really helping me. good luck.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know I shouldn't let my imagination run away with me, but my sense of safety is shaken.
I understand you are shaken. What would make you feel safer? Going to a friends house?
Changing the locks? Maybe get a protection order and let the cops know you have an addicted boyfriend acting strangely.
Just some ideas.

Beth
Old 04-29-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You can request free, regular surveillance from your local police or sheriff's department.

Its one sheet of paper...you fill it out with your address and a few other notes (at least, in my area this is the case) and at regular intervals through the night and day an officer will drive by to check.

If that gives you piece of mind...its really not much effort...and there's good reason why they offer such services...

How close are you with your neighbors?
Might be good to ask them to keep an eye out.
They don't need all the details...just that you came home to a broken light and are worried about neighborhood "vandalism." I'm sure they'd be more than happy to peak out their window every so often.