Meetings......

Old 04-27-2012, 06:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Meetings......

So, I went to my second alanon meeting tonight and I just have to say how great I felt afterwards. I left there feeling....calmer, more optimistic, and just at peace. A woman I met the first time I went was there and she gave me the biggest and tightest hug ever! I just feel so welcomed and at home there. It AMAZES me how just listening to others share helps put things into perspective for me. I cannot be more thankful for these meetings and the wonderful people there.

For anyone out there that has thought about going but are hestitant for whatever reason, please push past whatever might be holding you back and go. Just give it a shot cause you might be surprised at what it can do for you. I hope no one feels like I'm being pushy, I just had to share
Old 04-27-2012, 06:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am so glad it went well. You sound like me after my first meeting and I promise you it gets better and better.

I can think of no better way to take good care of yourself than to go to meetings and learn to work 12 steps that have life-changing results.

Hugs
Old 04-27-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Krystal32 View Post
It AMAZES me how just listening to others share helps put things into perspective for me.
I was amazed by the absence of cross talk. It showed me immediately that I did not know how to simply listen. I'm still learning, some days are easier than others. I'm a work in progress
Old 04-28-2012, 08:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have to say that the 12 steps are very overwhelming because there's so much to learn but someone made a good point in the meeting last night, that everyone works their recovery differently and it's all about finding your own path and doing what works best for you and that made is seem a little less intimidating
Old 04-28-2012, 02:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep going back!
Old 04-28-2012, 08:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

"keep it simple"

ahhhhh....the slogans, you will come to know the meaning of each one and just how beautifully and simply they apply to life, a peaceful life!
Old 04-29-2012, 04:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing your experience. I find great comfort in the rooms of Nar-Anon and Al-Anon. I have found dear friends there.....real friends. Friends who can understand me and love me in a very special way.

Keep going back. It really does work....if you work it.

gentle hugs
ke