Have I unknowingly manipulated my AW?

Old 04-27-2012, 11:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Have I unknowingly manipulated my AW?

In my family, I am the sole money maker. As part of my job, I am required to make visits to my company's sales centers and support projects and initiatives. I am being sent out of town next week on one such request.

Part of our case with social services requires my AW to at a minimum attend AA/NA meetings as well as seek treatment be it inpatient or outpatient care. In the two weeks since our most recent social services meeting, she has done neither nor look for a job to handle her impending legal bills (DUI).

I know, unfortunately, that she and our son could not go because she would be left with him unsupervised while I was at work, but we verified this to be true with our case worker. I know if left at home she would not follow her "plan" based on the actions of the past two weeks.

Am I manipulating her negatively by persuading her to travel with me? I know if left at home it will be an issue between my parents/her dad and her on how much time she gets to spend with our son. This way, I know he will be safe and that she will be relatively safe as well.

Thoughts?
Old 04-27-2012, 11:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You have no control over her disease, no matter were she is, who she's with, what she's doing. You do have control over your son's safety. Do you trust her dad and your parents to keep his safety and well being first and foremost?
Old 09-02-2013, 07:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

How'd this end up and do you travel often? I travel out of the country, sometimes for two weeks at a time, I'm now having her family watch her & the boys when I'm out. This is insanity dealing with this. Any suggestions for someone new to traveling with an AW?