Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

April 27 in the Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 04-26-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

April 27 in the Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

Surely it is cause for rejoicing to have the alcoholic find sobriety at last. Yet too many of us assume this means that the bluebird of happiness has taken up permanent residence in our home, and that all problems have vanished.

How this new-found sobriety will affect me will depend largely on how I adjust to it. Am I ready to withdraw from the dominant role I had while the alcoholic could not face family responsibilities? Will I welcome his dedication to AA, and his frequent attendance at meetings? Will I truly cooperate with this miracle by continuing to solve my own emotional problems in Al-Anon?

TODAY’S REMINDER

I know that the alcoholic is conquering the compulsion to drink and is growing, spiritually and emotionally. My role in our relationship must be to overcome my personal shortcomings, so we can grow spiritually together.

“In a re-inventory, I found I could no longer blame the alcoholic in my life for my soul sickness, my restlessness and my feeling of inadequacy. I will accept my share of responsibility for our troubles, for I have learned in Al-Anon, that many of them were rooted in my own imperfections.”

NOTE FROM ME: "Re-inventory" I so get that. I find at this point the steps are not sequential any more - work the one I need to work when I need to work it - - -

ALSO April 27'ths ODAT is special in that it is the last one I am typing out fresh - I started posting these April 28 of last year - so from here it's all Copy and Paste or Bumping the posts...or something! Love to you all and thank you for this opportunity to serve.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is a great help to me...I check it often when my hard copy is not at hand...
Old 05-01-2012, 08:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thank you for putting these on here
Old 05-01-2012, 08:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Very thoughtful of you to post this. Thank you.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks again also for posting these !
Old 05-01-2012, 11:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Present

Thank you for coming by to let me know you are finding these posts to be useful. I know it is a great gift to me to serve this way because it comes back to me tenfold and then some. :ghug3