I really admire..........

Old 04-25-2012, 04:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I really admire..........

I am early on in MY recovery but have learned and read so much here and the few meetings I have attended. I can't even re-read my first few posts without feeling sick to my stomach. However, I really admire the members who have grown, continue to heal and work on their recovery to understand serenity and acceptance. I pray to reach that goal plus.

I don't know how you can listen to all of us new codies with such love, patience, and understanding. It's the same thing over and over again. He/She did this, He/she did that....ALL about someone else. The only thing I hear us say is how I am destroyed, I am in pain, etc.

I someday hope to be able to help others with what I have learned. I hope to have understanding and wisdom to share. But today, I am annoyed by us codies. We refuse to accept our roles, our need to change and the need to stop controlling.

I hope his only means is I am progressing.........and its just a stage in my recovery!

Thoughts??
Old 04-25-2012, 04:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I learned that I had to accept where I was in life before I could start moving forward and making changes. I was my own worst critic early on, and still can be to this day!

I learn from every newcomer here. I have tremendous empathy because I was that newcomer at one time. The people who were further ahead than me listened, cared, and gave me guidance in my journey into recovery. They loved me until I learned to love myself.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've learned self awareness, acceptance, and love. I don't know if that will help anyone, I sure can't give it to anyone, but I cheer from the heart when someone starts finding it for themselves