Notices

day4afternoon

Old 04-25-2012, 02:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day4afternoon

Day four and realizing How much I don't know about living. Probably can't dance, bbq, not sure how to enjoy a weekend. Have been pretty much a crybaby all day have had to lay down in bed and breath deep several times to keep from freaking out.. I know I need to get to the root of my issues to get better and I am totally ready to do it. I'm gonna keep telling myself that!
Thank you all for the encouragement.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We know what to do on weekends, it just gonna have to include not using. I look forward to the next few mornings of getting to wake up on my own and not because the pain woke me up. As far as maintaining sanity, I'd rather tackle it sober than drunk. We have to hang in there, the good times are coming soon. It will be like Christmas before we know it. Stay strong.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey bad, you will be OK. I am on day 6 in a year long battle to stay sober. I got eight months then boom. relapse and a few days here and there. I get this horrible feeling in my stomach and I just want some comfort. I have drank for thirty years. I hopped on SR for a bit to see if it will settle. It has a bit. Hang in there. This is some seriously hard work. I am with you my friend. Good luck (()) Lushly
Old 04-25-2012, 02:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks lushy. As bad as it may sound Im glad to hear others are in the the same boat i am. I wish you all the best. I know what you mean about wanting some comfort. I come from a long line of alcoholics and when thats all you know i guess you beleive its the only way to be happy. What a crock..I am sick as hell with it. I want to be sober now
Old 04-25-2012, 02:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi badatbooze - when I quit, I'd drunk for 20 years - my entire adult life.
I literally had to learn how to live sober - it was like a baby learning to walk....

the good thing is we're not babies lol - the learning curve is pretty steep and quite quick - you will learn all the things you need to - and every time you face a situation sober and get through it will be another milestone

for the tougher days - and there may be a few - remember we're all here for support

D
Old 04-25-2012, 05:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

It can be a roller coaster in the first days, but it really will get better. Every little thing got to me at first, but I just took it slow and tried to be patient with myself. Keep it simple and stay in the moment as much as you can instead of worrying about the past/future.

Better days ahead!
Old 04-25-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

I drank to deal with life. It was my solution and it worked well until it didn't work at all.

Have you read about AVRT? It's online. Do a search!

I wish you well!
Old 04-25-2012, 07:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badatbooze View Post
Thanks lushy. As bad as it may sound Im glad to hear others are in the the same boat i am. I wish you all the best. I know what you mean about wanting some comfort. I come from a long line of alcoholics and when thats all you know i guess you beleive its the only way to be happy. What a crock..I am sick as hell with it. I want to be sober now
We've all been in that boat....You can get out of it. Like lushy said...It's some hard work...But it is worth it. You guys hang in there and don't drink..Get a program of recovery and work it.