Notices

Thoughts early on

Old 04-25-2012, 01:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thoughts early on

Three days since the decision to quit, still haven't really noticed any physical discomforts other than the same old body aches from getting up early and working all day. Mentally I haven't thought about drinking just thought alot about not drinking. Maybe I'm just amped up about the changes that I'm looking forward to, to notice anything different. I'm assuming the struggle might get worse. It's been so long since my last 3 yr stint with sobriety that I can't remember. I guess since it was so easy for me to quit before that's the reason why I picked up the can again. Anyway, I'm so looking forward to the peace and prosperity that I know is out there in the sober world. I'm also ready for the extra money to be around.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

5 days for me so know how your feelin..the peace you speak of has been the nicest part, i hope it can only get better. Keep fighting...and well done, each day is another step forward :-) x
Old 04-25-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
instant

Keep up the good work ! It sounds like you are really committed to making changes
Old 04-25-2012, 02:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thx seadise and instant, I really haven't smiled on my own by myself in a long time. Took a bath after work and sat there, relaxed and smiled in excitement.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad things are going ok for you dscottnmel
I'm glad your withdrawal was ok this time - I had 'good' ones and bad ones too - the important thing is to keep moving forward...don't go back

D