Lonely and sad

Old 04-25-2012, 08:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Optimist

Lonely and sad

I'm so sad and lonely. I keep forcing myself to do things with the kids to keep their minds occupied, but my mind is stuck. I'm sad, and I'm lonely, all the time.

I try to talk with family & friends, but all they do is ask me about M, or pity me, which is worse. When I'm at home, I feel alone and want to go out and do something, but when I go out, I see intact families and my heart breaks. I am in a constant state of trying not to cry so I don't upset the girls. I cry at night, alone...

I know in my head that eventually, this will get easier, but right now it's overwhelming.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Daisy))) - It will get better, but it's not going to happen nearly as fast as we'd like it to. I went from sadness to anger and, honestly, liked the anger better until I worked through it. You're grieving and it's going to be a rollercoaster of emotions, but it doesn't last forever...promise.

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-25-2012, 09:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I felt the same way but I wasn't able to keep myself busy. I was barely functioning. Time and Faith was the only answer for me.

Now he is the one wanting to come home and I do not want him back just yet or maybe not at all. Only time and Faith will help me make that decision.

God, meetings and SR have been my strength when I was beyond weak. I had to stop talking to my friends and family who just didn't understand addiction. The conflicting advice was making it worse. Oh and I knew who to call, when I knew what I wanted to hear. It made things worse for me. Then I came here and was told to GROW UP and I am forever thankful for those words, although I hated them at the time. lol

Be kind to yourself, you deserve better....and you know that. Take the bad so the good can come.... it will!!