Notices

Me and my Alcoholic voice!!!

Old 04-24-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Me and my Alcoholic voice!!!

Been sober now since Friday and i cant believe how amazing it feels!! When i wake in the morning i cant wait to get out of bed, i actually kinda have butterflies, no idea why! My evenings have been so relaxed, and as every night passes i am thinking less and less about booze! In only a matter of days, it feels like the life i had which centered around alcohol was so long ago. I am still having flashbacks and associations, for instance my friend text and told me some good news and i automatically thought about wine, see i would used any old excuse to crack open a bottle, any justification i could to give me a reason to get steamin!! But i celebrated her good news with a cup of tea and some munchies :-)

I have this feeling of inner peace, just knowing that my body isn't polluted from alcohol from the night before, i feel like i wanna tell people at work that i havnt drank since friday and have no intention of ever doing so again..but then they would know my secret..right??!!

I feel so content, im not snappy, have so much more patience with my husband and children and can think clearly at last, im beginning to tell the difference between the voice inside my head, and my ugly, twisted Alcoholic voice!!

Sending peace to you all and thanking each of you for your support, we will beat this :-))))) XXX
Old 04-24-2012, 01:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by Seasidegirllau View Post
I feel so content, im not snappy, have so much more patience with my husband and children and can think clearly at last, im beginning to tell the difference between the voice inside my head, and my ugly, twisted Alcoholic voice!!
If you want to speed up that learning process, this is precisely what Addictive Voice Recognition Technique (AVRT) is about — recognizing the addictive voice in all its forms. There is an active discussion thread on the method in the secular connections forum.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks :-) even just having an explanation as to why this is happening helps..so easy to think its just you having a weak moment..if only addiction was that simple and straight forward!