AH picked up a few clothes and left today

Old 04-24-2012, 12:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AH picked up a few clothes and left today

My AH came back home from work this morning before he even started work and packed a bag (with very little as far as I can tell) and left. He keeps texting all day. Because I did not respond to the text that "if I check in (into the hotel) were done", I got a text an hour and a half later saying, "I checked in, so we're done".

I stopped crying (see earlier post) after I went to his bank account online to see what was there for the mortgage as we agreed. $8.08. Wow. That made me mad and I stopped crying for now.

I know that since everything he has is here, I am not done with this mess. I am bracing myself...he is drinking so I never know what I will face. It's gonna be a long night....

Working at keeping all normal for my son right now.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Please keep yourself and your son safe and do not hesitate to call 911 if you feel at all in danger. Maybe there is somewhere you and your son can spend the night, just to be on the safe side?
Old 04-24-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Please keep taking good care of you and your son ~

Just a suggestion from a voice of experience - any financial "agreements" about bills, responsiblities or things like that ~ please remember that there is a good chance he won't stick to those agreements ~ you might need to prepare yourself financially, maybe try to have some Plan Bs just in case ~

Prayers & Good thoughts for you!!

PINK HUGS!
Rita
Old 04-24-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Suki and Pink. I will keep safe. Yeah, and I have no doubt that any help I get financially will be few and far between. For the past two months, he has been spending his money (or???)...I literally paid one bill from his money the entire month. I have a good job right now. Things will be very very tight, but I should be okay, barring the obscene unexpected for now. I do have a plan B, but we shall see what happens. There is an unaltered separation agreement on file at court from the last time we separated granting me full custody with visitation as agreed. Since it was never changed, I think it it would still be in effect. I am hoping it will be more peaceful than last time, but you never know. I just feel so many emotions right now that I feel like pacing the floor...
Old 04-24-2012, 02:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

the rollercoaster ride springs to mind, sending support hope you and kids are safe and okay
Old 04-25-2012, 12:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keepingmyjoy1,
I am an AH who left my wife about six months ago in the same manner as your husband. I left because I was angry that my wife demanded me to stop drinking. So for about a month I lived away and drank heavily. As the days passed, however, I missed my wife, young son and dog very much. I called my wife and she told me it was over. I wept and stopped drinking for over four months now. I still live away as she doesnot want me as a husband anymore. My wife (soon to be XW) let's me visit our toddler and dog even without supervision now. One of the hardest things for me to do is to hold back the tears when I have to leave my XW, son and dog and back to a lonely room that used to be my alcoholic sanctuary...You did nothing wrong. Stay strong for you and your son. I'm so proud of my XW for finally putting her foot down to my drinking. I am still facing the shame for drinking and leaving. PLEASE BE STRONG!!! My prayers go out to you and your family!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks losangelesguy. I am so sorry for your pain as well. I think my husband is also angry that I can't tolerate his drinking any longer. I would guess that he drank heavily yesterday and I do hope that he will somehow find a way to stop drinking as you have. Unfortunately, there has been too much wreckage for me to have us get back together, but I will always love him from a distance and wish only the best for him--even though I feel angry right now. Thanks so much for sharing your story and your kind words. They really mean a lot.