Notices

New here today...scared as hell

Old 04-24-2012, 07:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy New here today...scared as hell

I found this site and am struggling with addiction to painkillers. I don't know where to go. I don't have any money as I am on work comp for injury from a fall. So wanting to take alot more of whats prescribed for me to "check out" and just feel nothing for an hour or so. I take 15mg of oxycodone every 4-6 hrs and building a tolerance. HELP!! Anyone in the Rapid City SD area???? I don't know where to turn. My kids aren't talking to me, I lie....the list goes on. I am a BAD person
Old 04-24-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

first of all your nickname is "smiles...", so you are not a bad person

i was on oxys' for a while (had a really bad back problem)... not to mention the alcohol.
the one thing and this not a medical advice by any means, with that type of medication you need to step down gradually.
i went through of week of crawling on my knees to the bathroom and back. it won't be easy, try to cut down gradually and hopefully things will turn around for you.

you are NOT a bad person. you are just part of our SR family.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR smiles...I don't think any of us here are bad people....We suffer from the same problems...Addiction and Alcoholism. I know it seems a bit overwhelming but there is someplace you can go and you don't need money to go there. Take a look at this site...See if you can find something near you...Make a call. It might be good for you to get some support and be around some recovered addicts that want to help you. That have been where you are. It can't hurt to look at it.

South Dakota NA • Narcotics Anonymous • SD
Old 04-24-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Smiles

You're not a bad person - don't confuse yourself with your problem
So you have a Dr prescribing the pills? - can you talk to them about this?

I know you'll find a lot of support here - you're not alone

You might like to also check out our substance abuse forum as well - lots of support there too

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D