Keeping the Focus on ME

Old 04-24-2012, 06:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Keeping the Focus on ME

This may seem crazy but..........

My AH is "withdrawing" from pills and he is texting and calling me for support and encouragement....which I freely give....when i am available.

Now I decided to quit smoking today for several reasons and found a huge benefit I hadn't thought of...It really keeps the focus on ME. While he is having with drawls, I am too.

He called this morning looking for support and I thought "I am dealing with my own issues" and that felt great. I was putting me first!!

I have been through this at least 10 times with him and always start feeling sorry for him. Not this time. I am going to deal with my own withdrawals. I wonder how supportive he will be! ha ha

Does anybody understand my thinking....?? :rotfxko
Old 04-24-2012, 08:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Just Keep Swimming

Good for you LMN! You deserve healthy lungs. Good luck!! I quit smoking (successfully) 4 years ago and it got worse before it got better, but I am so glad I'm done with it.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

right on Woman!! I quit smoking when I quit drinking...6 1/2 years ago. so so so so so glad that I finally got that gorilla off my back. it is such a relief to see "quit smoking ads" and not be plagued by the horrible guilt that I know I am hurting myself...
such a powerful drug...and such a sense of empowerment to overcome the addiction.

breathe, breathe, breathe...walking a lot helped me, cigs kill a lot of energy, so that energy comes back in giant waves when you quit...which can feel more like anxiety than energy...use it wisely! (otherwise you will try to squelch the "anxiety"/energy with something else...like food...or...your ex.

cunning...baffling...powerful

addiction is addiction...codependency is too...don't let your good thing for you (quitting smoking) end up in becoming a set-up for a relapse, re: the anxiety of quitting demands comfort of the ex.

harsh? just sayin'...it's possible. be good to yourself.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good job for taking care of you!!!