Notices

The shame

Old 04-24-2012, 02:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The shame

Back here again.

I stayed off drink for 3 months ... then thought "hey I can handle this" and had 1 beer, "i'll stay away from the wine" but that 1 beer the next week was 2 and the following week 3 .. problem is the 1 was fine but when it became 3 .. I saw a pattern and now here I am where I feel out of control again. Im not getting mindlessly drunk but even that 1 beer is affecting me and making me act out of character ... I feel ashamed to be back at spquare 1 and dont know how to regain control .. help please !!!
Old 04-24-2012, 02:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well isabella1bella...I guess you aren't the first one to try that experiment...I know one beer will kill me....So I just don't pick one up. Congrats on three months....I'd highly recommend a program of recovery that works and using this site for support. I use AA...I see it work for other people...And it works for me....You want this stuff out of your life for good?...Find a program and put the work in...That's all there is to it.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back
I'm sorry I don't remember - what did you do last time Isabella?

D
Old 04-24-2012, 02:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've done the same for the last 10 years after having 3 years of sobriety. Been beer drinker for. 25 years total minus those 3. I think we all believe that we can just have one or two. If that was the case we wouldnt be here. Im on day 2 of my quest and couldnt feel more confident. Good luck to all of us and keep on trying.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

You quit before and you can do it again. Question is ..... are you smart enough to learn from your mistake and wise enough to learn from the mistakes of others?