Notices

Too young but it's expected

Old 04-23-2012, 06:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Too young but it's expected

Hey old friends,
I went back out again as most of you probably figured. I still poked around here and now but I got lazy, didn't want to do the work and lost the fight. I was going to AA for awhile which I thought was great because I did meet some awesome people. But, I started to feel like a child at times when some people would talk about the children they abandoned due to drinking and drugs because I remembered being on the other side. But I drank anyway and just have been struggling in this stupid hell ever since. I don't know if some of you remember the stomach issues I was having. They have only progressed and a test last week showed severe atrophy of my stomach lining. The Dr said he usually only sees such damage in someone over 50. I'm 32. I am awaiting the biopsy results and can only pray and hope it's not cancer or something that isn't treatable. I just want to say that I have sent myself into this tailspin really over the last 7 months by drinking a lot and not eating properly. If you think you have more time before you do permanent damage, you may be wrong. I was supposed to get this biopsy awhile ago but kept putting it off because I didn't want to face the facts. I am facing them now and it's scary but guess it's a step towards taking care of myself. I don't yet know what my exact recovery plan is..working on that in therapy now. All weekend read up on AVRT and been trying that. I know I need to make the changes but it all honestly seems so overwhelming right now. Hope everyone who reads this is having a great sober night
Old 04-23-2012, 06:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

I'm glad you're back!

The human body is pretty remarkable in its ability to recover. Who knows what the biopsy will tell you, but I wouldn't be surprised if you end up ok in the end. Take it as a warning sign and do whatever you have to do to stay sober.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by quitforme79 View Post
I still poked around here and now but I got lazy, didn't want to do the work and lost the fight.
Glad you made it back quit...I think whatever you choose to do for your recovery program...It's going to take some work. If it was a matter of just putting it down...People wouldn't be dying from this disease. I hope it doesn't cost you too much to make you willing to put the effort in to make it work. AVRT...AA...Whatever it may be. Beat of luck to you quit....I'd love to see you get busy.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

alcohol messes up our stomachs.

I hope you feel better!

Glad you are back!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

quitforme79, I wish you the best in whatever program you chose.

AA works for me, but I had to learn to identify with the others, not compare.

Bob R
Old 04-23-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back quit...yep, my digestion will never be the same again either - do yourself a favour and stop now

D
Old 04-23-2012, 07:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks guys..I have really missed this support that I took myself away from. So nice to be welcomed back with positive thoughts
Old 04-23-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Check out the documentary Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. While it was mostly theorized in the movie, perhaps doing a juice fast will allow your stomach to heal by greatly decreasing the duty of breaking down food while still receiving a great supply of essential nutrients via fruits and veggies.

After a few days of juicing, I generally have felt my bowels at rest and ease. But, it is tough not chewing and biting your food and avoiding those temptations.

Depending on what your MDs agree with, do some research and try it out for yourself.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee...I thought a lot about your advice when I was back out there...you are a real inspiration as is everyone on this site but you always make it a point to respond no matter what mistakes/amount of failures I have made. Really makes me feel safe to share and come back for support...means more than you know
Old 04-23-2012, 08:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks loudog...my friend reccomended a juice fast too but my gastro advised against it at this point because I am underweight. I bought those "naked" drinks which have a tons of antioxidants supposedly and have been loading up on carbs & protein. As sick as it sounds I am terrified to gain but fear more the alternative. I've got a couple of battles to get thru but I'll get there
Old 04-23-2012, 08:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey qfm! Missed ya I'm sorry to hear about your stomach - I hope it's not serious. Our bodies do have an amazing capacity to heal and you are really young, so who knows? I think whatever reason it takes to sober up is a good one, even if it doesn't end up being the reason you STAY sober, you know? You have a fantastic opportunity in front of you, and you also know where this will lead you if you continue to drink. I think the choice is pretty clear
Old 04-23-2012, 09:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome back, quit! Amazing things can happen when we get rid of the poison and let out bodies heal. Better days are ahead - just take it a day at a time. Sending prayers for your tummy.....