Wow!!!! This was written in 2005!

Old 04-23-2012, 12:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wow!!!! This was written in 2005!

I was on this forum and would get advice a long, long time ago. I could not remember to save my life what "name" was. I finally found it. I wrote this in 2005....Seven years ago. Unbelievable what we go thru and the years just pass on by. It gives me chills reading what I wrote.

I feel Insane, Help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ive been married for 20 years now. 2 kids (teenagers). Also, have been reading what people have posted. Its sooo hard to detach yourself from someone who is an alcoholic. My husband's drinking starting right off, 1985. and it has escalated to strong binges every 2 weeks. He has stomach problems (big time), He lives on Nexium, he has been tested (liver) which is fine. He drinks a 5th of Vodka a day when he binges. Then when he quits, its days of withdrawals. We have no money, he goes from job to job, he has had a DUI, he has a real "jerk" of a friend that he always goes over to his house and leaves me home alone. I think that is because he feels more comfortable and he doesnt have to hide when he is over there. He is a real smart butt and "cocky" and tries to start fights. He calls me names all the time. He "belittles" me. How do you ignore that? Ive been kicked out of the house when I was Pregnant, Ive been pissed on while Iam asleep, Ive been cheated on, he takes money out of the bank and dont write it down. He wanted to kill himself a few months ago, had a gun to his head. Took him to the emergency room twice in 6 months this year. Is he in the Insane Stage of Alcoholism because I read here in this forum that its either Jail, Insane, or death. He has been in jail before, Ive called the sheriff on him. This is crazy, when he is sober, he is a great guy. My family thinks Iam nuts. I want to leave. To be honest, it scares me and I dont know why because I know it will be so much more relaxing for me and the kids if he is gone.
What are the "Tools" to help manage yourself through this?
Old 04-23-2012, 12:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Pelican was right, RUN!
Old 04-23-2012, 01:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I really do hope this will be helpful to new people
Old 04-26-2012, 04:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

let go or be dragged....
Old 04-26-2012, 04:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

what did you say to yourself all those years in between to talk yourself into staying?
yes, in the past seven years what has been going on with you, inside your head that let this abuse continue?

you have been pissed on while sleeping.

if this happened to me, even if he walked on water while sober, I could not get over that!

please save yourself alanonic. maybe somebody reading will get it and say, yes, I need to leave now!

Beth
Old 04-26-2012, 06:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hope it helps other also, but what about you? Are you going to help yourself now that nothing has changed the past 7 years?
Old 04-27-2012, 05:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow... sounds like a carbon copy of my ex. I left a little more than ayear ago and I'm still dealing with the fallout of that kind of abuse.