Notices

Why I am I so stupid?

Old 04-20-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why I am I so stupid?

I drank last weekend because i really deserved it. I had been sober and very productive for a few months.

I had fun but got to drunk and when i walked down the stair i tripped. My ankle is badly bruised and propably broken.Very swollen and painful. I am walking around on crutches that I have from a previous fall.

My first drinking after a long time goes really bad. Now I feel sorry for myself because I cant work out. I love that and it keeps my sanity and makes me feel happy. Now I am stuck infront on the computer.

I am having exams in mai so I have to be sensible. I dont think i can drink again ever. I am so tired of this. It is a miracle that I have not been seriously hurt because of my drinking. Some broken bones and stupid decisions. Sometimes I can drink. But there has been to many bad episodes and this has to stop.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Roselian:
I found I could get sober and stay sober in the fellowship of alcoholics Anonymous. It would probably work for you as well.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 04-20-2012, 04:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think we all deserve something better than what you experienced last weekend Roselian

I don't think you're stupid - but maybe it's time to face facts about the way you drink, and look for new more positive rewards?

D
Old 04-20-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Channel how you feel right now and never forget it. That's my problem. I stay off booze and lie low for awhile, then I feel better and ready to rock. Repeat.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Roselian, you will find lots of support here, so I hope you keep reading and posting.

As Dee said, there are many positive and healthy ways to reward yourself.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Roselian View Post
I drank last weekend because i really deserved it. I had been sober and very productive for a few months.
One thing I've learned since being in recovery...It's not the times when things are going bad that you have to worry about....Keep an eye out for that. Are you doing any kind of recovery program?
Old 04-20-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

We all have encountered consequences
due to our drinking or drugging. Those
are called our experiences. Then thru
a program of recovery we learn to change
our lives around and become strong before
we begin to share our hopes with others
that are still struggling with addiction.

My experiences from drinking led me into
recovery 21 yrs ago and today I continue to
help the newcomer each day so that I can
remain sober, healthy and happy.

You can too.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Roselian you're not stupid at all! We've all used alcohol as a reward for a long time and it takes time and work to break that habit. You're already winning half the battle just by being here and realizing that alcohol is no friend to you.

Now that you can't work out for a bit you'll be needing an even longer list of healthy, positive ways to reward yourself. What are some things you enjoy? Who are some positive people for you to be around right now?

Wishing you a very speedy healing of your ankle!! And all the best in your recovery
Old 04-21-2012, 08:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I used to be a "periodic", too...until the periods got closer and closer together, and I was eventually a daily drunk...not fun, but it led me to rehab and AA over thirty years ago.

Your recent mishap could have been worse...and, the next time, it might be. So, it's up to you to make sure there is no "next time". But, you don't have to do it alone...with the support of SR and AA meetings, there is a great big world of sobriety waiting for you.