Notices

Embracing sobriety with total abandon

Old 04-20-2012, 01:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Embracing sobriety with total abandon

As a VERY newly sober person, I am blessed to be discovering new outlets and talents. It seems I have the courage to try out new things, even if they feel weird of foreign. Running is one of them. Seems to be a metaphor for my sobriety journey. I am still a bit awkward, still learning how to live a life that comes naturally to others.

This picture seems to capture what I am feeling. As with all things serious, a bit of levity always helps.

Happy Friday to all. Hope you make the most of what the universe offers us today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
running.jpg (65.9 KB, 58 views)
Old 04-20-2012, 04:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

LOL

what a cute kid.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This picture is funny.
I would have to agree with you as well. The part where you talked about discovering new outlets and talents. This is part of the reason I look forward to long term sobriety. Aside from sobriety itself of course.
Maybe I'll start running myself. My first goal is heading back to the gym and shedding some of these "wine" poundage.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
6/20/08

I've read that you Should run like a kid. Just get out there and pump your arms and legs and have fun!

We do have a fitness forum. Come check it out. Lots of good incentive there!
Old 04-20-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SHARING THE LOAD

Thumbs up

Hi CFG,
It is so great that you are finding new ways to release some anxiety and have some fun. However, excersize is not a solution by itself and can be conterproductive if done to hard especially running. Take it easy when you do run and try not to push it to hard. Easy does it in all things in early sobriety is what worked for me. Just getting out there is a miracle in itself to be grateful for. Way to go
Old 04-20-2012, 06:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

It's a new life and so fun to try out things we've never done before. You're getting out in the world again and that's a good thing!

Love the photo - too cute.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Firehazard View Post
Hi CFG,
It is so great that you are finding new ways to release some anxiety and have some fun. However, excersize is not a solution by itself and can be conterproductive if done to hard especially running. Take it easy when you do run and try not to push it to hard. Easy does it in all things in early sobriety is what worked for me. Just getting out there is a miracle in itself to be grateful for. Way to go
Rest assure, I am not doing it too hard! And it isn't my solution. It is only one small part of my recovery. Moving and breathing deeply are good things right now.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

You are inspiring me! Time for me to get serious about exercising more. Thank you!
Old 04-20-2012, 06:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Change4good how true is the statement on bottom of your posts!
Keep up the good work
Old 04-20-2012, 06:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So I read your post and got inspired, headed for the banks of the river Charles and took off! Now I'm wheezing, my back aches, my legs hurt... but damn I feel good! Thanks change4good!