Notices

"The bed I made"

Old 04-19-2012, 03:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"The bed I made"

I'm a newcomer and that phrase has continously entered my mind for the past 2 months..........since I found out my husband is addicted to meth. I knew he was struggling with a pill addiction for the past year and half but it has escalated to this now. The problem is I knew he was an addict when I met him 6 years ago...........I married him anyway. I let myself believe he could stay sober. I was a fool. I am a child of alcholics and drug addicts. I knew better but did it anyway. I am a co-dependent. Today I am telling him he has to leave. I have an envelope with half our savings in it. I am giving it to him and telling him goodbye. I have 3 children (1 of his). and I won't let them grow up the way I did no matter how much I love him. This is the very first time I have dealt with my own responsibility in these toxic relationships I keep creating. In the past I would not become emotionally invested and just leave. This is the first time I am lying in the bed I made........and it's really hard. I don't want to become weak and let him come back unless he is sober. So I am trying not to break down. My kids are already showing signs of co-dependency and I have to get them help too. I really hate this.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jenna

I've really sorry you're going through this but I commend you on making a choice for yourself and your kids

I'm not sure you should beat yourself up too much tho - I don't think anyone enters into any relationship expecting their partner will always be an addict.

You'll find a lot of support here. You might like to also check out our Family and Friends forums too:

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 04-19-2012, 04:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Oh wow, jenna...... That really is hard. You have to take of yourself and your children, though, and I really commend you for doing that.

Glad you've decided to us..... There's a section for friends & family that you'll probably find really helpful, too: Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Old 04-19-2012, 04:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

God bless the children and those that protect them.

Congrat's to you jenna on making a stand towards bettering your life and your children's lives.

I was reading your post and it came on the news at the same time how Arkansas has really cracked down on the meth labs around here. The problem is though. Mexico is transporting ICE into the state which is replacing the meth.

Keep your children sheltered from the drugs as well as yourself.

TOD
Old 04-19-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jenna,

I'm very sorry that you're going through this, but it's good that you are doing the right thing for yourself and your children.