Notices

Well...

Old 04-17-2012, 11:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well...

I'm new.

I'm afraid.

I'm 27 years old, never had a problem with alcohol until my husband joined the Army. Even after the initial enlistment I was fine. Then pre-deployment, road to war, hit my plate. He was gone a lot, I was in a new place, and alcohol made me sleep and express my emotions, even when I was alone.

I am a full-time student, with a spotty past and basically no friends, who is re-pursuing my dreams, or reconfiguring my dreams. In the past several years I have had to change my entire life. Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Ultimately, I have found myself drinking for no reason at all. I can go a little while without a drink but eventually it comes. It being the need, an unexplainable want. There is no family history and I don't want to be the one that everyone says "your mother was.." "your grandmother was..." Which is weird because I don't want kids but I still think that way.

Maybe I don't belong here, feel free to express that. But I drink damn near every night, any where from 1 glass of wine to a 5th of Vodka. I haven't searched this forum or been lurking but I realized awhile ago that it's becoming a possible problem. I attribute it to several things but when is it not everything else but ME and ME alone?

Well I guess I've ranted enough. Sure there is a lot more I could say, but if you read this and feel as though you can support and/or understand me then I know this is the right place to re-find myself.

Good luck to you all.

Ashley
Old 04-18-2012, 12:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you'll fit in here just fine XposivLove

To me it's not always about drinking huge volumes or drinking every night - it's about using and abusing alcohol - it's about using alcohol to deal with situations...becoming more and more dependent on it and and then finding the hidden price of that plan.

The details may not be exactly the same, but a lot of us here know just where you are and how you feel.

There is a way out - there's a lot of methods at play here - and there is life after drinking - just look around

You'll find a lot of support, inspiration, and some hope here

Welcome aboard XL - good to have you here

D
Old 04-18-2012, 12:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Ashley

Of course you belong here hon - anyone after some support does. Really glad to meet you,

Still
xxx
Old 04-18-2012, 12:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

The moment when you think about drinking just cause it will take away from whatever it may be. Is time to look at it as that is a crutch to numbness.

Welcome
Old 04-18-2012, 12:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Ashley....I'd say you're in the right place. I drank every day and night too for my last couple years. I drank most of my life. When you cross that line from wanting one to needing one...It starts getting a little scary. Problem that got me....It's progressive and I couldn't stop on my own. It cost me everything. I use the program of Alcoholics Anonymous...Not really where I ever thought my life would take me....But I'm glad it did. And I haven't had a drink in 10 months....That's a miracle and nothing less for me....I was hopeless and terrified and alone....That changed that. If you think you have a problem and want to solve it....Check out a meeting. It's free...Nice people...And they all want the same thing. If not.....I recommend looking into something as a recovery program and use this site...It's great. Glad you're here.