I'm venting here so I don't contact the A

Old 04-17-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm venting here so I don't contact the A

Ok folks, bear with me. It's either vent here (and to friends) or pick up the phone, which I do not want to do.

Wow, does my AXF know how to push the buttons. So, voicemail this past weekend telling me he wouldn't be around, so if I wanted to "visit" the puppy at his (alcoholic) Dad's house, that would be ok with him. Uh, no. In the same message, telling me to say "hi" to my 13 year old son, whom he scared the bejesus out of when he stormed off weeks ago. Uh, no. Said maybe he could take him fishing sometime, if my new boyfriend (his delusion) didn't fish. Uh, no.

So I let that all slide, made a minor cheerful email response to the few BS questions he asked about our shared property.

Fast forward to today. Got VM letting me know that he had "cleared his calendar" so he would be able to be at our vacation home at the same time as myself and the kids. WTF!!!!!!!!!!! Then went on to tell me not to invite my sister, because she causes problems (as in, she calls it like she sees it). THEN proceeded to say he'd need the master bedroom, because he might be bringing a friend. That's actually the part that got me to smile a little.

See, I've been waiting for him to drag out the "my new girlfriend" manipulation. That one did work 7 years ago. Guess he thinks it's worth a try now.

I chose my time at the house at his suggestion so that WE WERE NOT THERE AT THE SAME TIME. I know, I know, fell right into that trap. That is the week prior to our home being rented out for the summer. I wanted to make sure it was all ready for our renters.

Now, obviously I am no longer going then. I guess he will have to get things ready, or not. I'm just pissed. My kids will be upset that we are not going. I can find other options, I'm sure, but I'm angry that I got hijacked.

He was fishing "with the boys" this past weekend. I'm sure one of his brain-trust friends came up with this cute solution. GRRRRRRR!!!!!!

My one victory? I realize that this requires absolutely NO RESPONSE from me. Thank God I went to Al anon last night! Totally got my head straight. So, I've chosen to vent to you, SR, instead of boarding the crazy train. Thank you for letting me share.

I'm going for a nice walk, and then dinner with a non-alcoholic friend.

ps-must be something in the air, mine is not the only post like this today!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh yes, the things they come up with...it honestly amazes me sometimes that one's brain can be so screwed up by alcohol but yet be the biggest con-artists' on the face of the earth. And boy do they know how to push every "send her off the deep end" button.

I have learned that it is better to just simply laugh it off--fight fire with fire--kill them with the NO RESPONSE! They can't stand it.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

OMG. What a Dumbazz.

I'm so impresses with how you are handling it!! I bet you and the kids will have a great week even with the change of plans!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Very impressive, celtic. You're right - none of this requires a response at all.

I am sorry it ruins your plans. But I believe that is the overall goal on his part...to make your life he11. Good for you for refusing to buy into it, and considering other plans. And no, you don't have to share those with him, either!

Stay strong, you sound great!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job with how you are handling the situation! I hope to one day be able to think as rationally as you are at times like this. As I was reading you post I was thinking of how I would call immediately yelling about this and that. By venting you have made me realize a way to better myself and I want to thank you for that.

You are a strong, independent and dedicated to your recovery and the wellbeing of your children. Keep working your plan it is def. working

~Yellieee
Old 04-18-2012, 09:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Looks like you are keeping yourself in a good mind set about this, and are handling the situation in a great format. Don't forget that we still need to call another alcoholic or addict eben if we don't want to
Old 04-18-2012, 06:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey, Anvilhead, cute dog! And thanks for the hula girls. Cracked me up!