what is smoking pain killers?

Old 04-17-2012, 06:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what is smoking pain killers?

i need to find some questions. my ex boyfriend my daughters father just told me last night he was smoking pain killers. i really dont understand it. can anyone help me? and what i should be worried about. i googled it but theres not alot of people out there talking about it to understand it. im not trying to help him i just wanna understand it for my daughters sake. i dont want him around her.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It means he is addicted to opiates/opioids, no different than heroin. Addiction is progressive and he will need to use more dope at increased frequencies over time. Addiction demands the addict protect and sustain it. Lies and manipulation are the most common tools to do so.

I would not expose my child to someone in active addiction including being a passenger in a car driven by someone in active addiction.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i do let my daughter see him but i am always around i never let him take her by herself.. im am always present. my concern is since he is now smoking them. it was taking them then snorting them.. but he admitted to me last night that he tried smoking them.. and it was a rush. i guess what i am trying to get at what drug is next and how is it different then snorting them? he says snorting them is doing nothing for him anymore. im kinda worried that im gonna get a phone call saying something happened to him. is it more dangerous smoking them? im so confused
Old 04-17-2012, 07:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lifegoeson View Post
i do let my daughter see him but i am always around i never let him take her by herself.. im am always present. my concern is since he is now smoking them. it was taking them then snorting them.. but he admitted to me last night that he tried smoking them.. and it was a rush. i guess what i am trying to get at what drug is next and how is it different then snorting them? he says snorting them is doing nothing for him anymore. im kinda worried that im gonna get a phone call saying something happened to him. is it more dangerous smoking them? im so confused
It doesn't matter the method of ingestion...popping pills, smoking them, or injecting them. It's all deadly, and it's all addiction.

Addiction is a progressive disease. It only gets worse, never better, if left untreated.

I am sorry for your pain. Sending you hugs of support.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

awe thank you. i just feel bad for my poor daughter she is only 1 and he fathers an addicts and so is most of his family so i have no faith anymore that he will ever get clean... his mother is really bad. and his bother is the one supply the pills
Old 04-17-2012, 09:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

awe thank you. i just feel bad for my poor daughter she is only 1 and he fathers an addicts and so is most of his family so i have no faith anymore that he will ever get clean... his mother is really bad. and his bother is the one supply the pills
Your daughter has a mature and responsible mother who keeps her safe.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

yeah he wasnt very up front with me when we were together and that pretty much why i made him leave cause he was lien now.. that we are not together he is more open. i been through all this with him when we first got together i knew it all and then when he got clean for three months i was with him through that. yes he is getting deeper. i really dont know what drug is gonna be next after smoking it doesnt work.. i really dont know drugs to well.. i know its gonna get worse im just not capable of dealing with whatever comes next. my children are my prioity i dont want my daughter to not see him but if he gets into heavier stuff im gonna have to tell him.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thank you. i just want to do the right thing for her and my other two kids. they love him very much. but i have to know when to say you cant see her and my other two children anymore.. im glad he is honest so atleast i know how high he is at the time hes here to see them.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The only experience I have had was with my XABF's best friend smoking fentanyl patches. He ended up overdosing, which I guess is much easier to do with the patches. My XABF and I were no contact at the time, and I heard about our friend's passing when it happened, but heard from a mutual friend a few months back the cause. Not sure if he is smoking the patches, but please be aware how dangerous it can be if he is.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

yeah he wasnt very up front with me when we were together and that pretty much why i made him leave cause he was lien now.. that we are not together he is more open. i been through all this with him when we first got together i knew it all and then when he got clean for three months i was with him through that. yes he is getting deeper. i really dont know what drug is gonna be next after smoking it doesnt work.. i really dont know drugs to well.. i know its gonna get worse im just not capable of dealing with whatever comes next. my children are my prioity i dont want my daughter to not see him but if he gets into heavier stuff im gonna have to tell him.
He's already there sweetheart. The next thing is he will either pick a more powerful drug....or he will start injecting this one and then move on to another drug.

You need to run...not walk....to an attorney and get some legal advice about how to keep your kids safe.

You said you don't know much about drugs....but all of us here at SR happen to know ALOT. You can't sit with your head in the sand. Nobody is going to save you and your children but YOU.

We are all here with you....walking in spirit.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

from what i know he isnt getting patches. which i guess is a good thing for right now. YEARFORME- yeah thats what im worried about him going to a more powerful drug when that stops working. the attorney i have called a couple times but just havent had the money to go forward with it. in the state i am in though idk how all the other ones are if the children are in my house and/or my possesion which the two older ones are mine not his but my youngest is ours. he can not take them from me and the cops cant get involved with that type of thing. it happened before with my older two. thats why i will not let him take any of them out of my site. I understand its the best interest for the kids not to be around him when he is using i def. know that. but im still in this phase where i just feel that my daughter and my older daughter that feels that he is her dad which he isnt will get hurt but in the end i know the end result. he is gonna have to get out of our lives. because they will get older and start to see and feel that something is wrong.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I just wanted to send you a and say that you're doing the right thing for yourself and especially for your children. For my AH, he went from swallowing pain pills, to snorting them, to smoking them, to shooting (injecting) them intravenously. And from there he went to shooting heroin. I watched and enabled this for over a year... and three years or more if you count back to the time he started abusing the pain pills.

Before that, he was drinking himself into oblivion regularly.

Before that, he was taking a month's Xanax prescription in a week.

Before that, he was spending his life in pursuit of all the cocaine he could get his hands on.

And before that.... well, you get the picture.

It took my 5 year old little boy begging me through his tears to make his daddy leave to wake me up. I had made him leave before but had always taken him back when he promised to get clean/stay clean/go to rehab. He may have believed what he said, but only because he was lying to himself just like he was lying to me.

Stay strong, and take care of yourself and those babies. You'll all be in my prayers.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Your kids ALREADY know something is wrong. Even if nothing is said or done, there is a Vibe associated with all of this.

Your kids are ALREADY having their "Fight or Flight" response messed with.

Read the Sticky at the top of the page "Brain Chemistry of a Loved One"