Notices

Now THIS is living.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Now THIS is living.

I took at shot at sobriety in December, when I first found this lovely community. I lasted four days. I could say it was because it was the holiday season, that I didn't *really* have a problem and could moderate, or that it made sense to start with the new year.

All rubbish. The fact of the matter is I was complacent. And then in pain. Lots of it. My drinking got much worse in the first few months of the new year, to the point that I had withdrawals that were extremely uncomfortable. I had to seek medical help, while also ending up in the ER the next day.

So here I am. On my 16th day. And it is a glorious day. In this very short time, I have rediscovered who I once was. I have dropped 7 pounds, and learning what my body is capable of through strength training and running. (The family joke is that I only run when chased.) I am approaching my work with new vigor and thoughts about professional development.

I am a better friend, mother, and wife. I realize that everyone is fighting some battle, and I am gentle with friends and strangers. I am consciously trying to give more, and take less.

Most importantly, I am no longer existing in the world, but living each day with gratitude and hope.

Thanks all, and I will continue to bear witness to your journey, revel in your accomplishments, and provide support when I can. I understand how so very difficult this is. I hope this post is read with an eye to what CAN be, and not a self-congratulatory ramble. I was in deep trouble with loads of despair. And I found out what is possible. That is my message.

Oh. . .and I have decided to begin drafting a cookbook for kids. Projects they can make with their families. Below, I present Bug Cheese and Ham Crackers. My first experiment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
bugs.jpg (93.7 KB, 91 views)
Old 04-16-2012, 04:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Congrats and kudos! And thanks for your post! I can't wait for the cookbook. And those little buggers look delish!
Old 04-16-2012, 04:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wonderful!

Isn't it so good to get immersed in a project you love!!
Old 04-16-2012, 04:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

fantastic post Change - and great food!

D
Old 04-16-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

On day sixteen myself man.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yay for you!!!!!!!!!! You sound invigorated, hopeful, and happy! I am so proud of you.....you deserve those positive feelings you have. It will only get better, and you are on your way! Much love.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That is wonderful! Congrats to you!!! I'm on day 2 myself, but I'm really feeling positive about this time. Sounds like you are doing really well, and learning more about yourself. I hope I will get to my 16th day soon. It sounds so far away lol. Thanks for sharing with us.