Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

April 14 in the Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 04-14-2012, 08:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

April 14 in the Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

Why do some of us do better than others in grasping the Al-Anon program and using it to solve our problems? Those who benefit most have the courage to face their difficulties instead of hiding them in some dark corner of their minds, to set up a gnawing sickness of spirit.

Most of us “think” we know what our problem is; but do we really? One way to discover its real nature is to write it out in detail. Putting it into words on paper, where we can look at it and correct it as our attitudes change can be most helpful in making us see it clearly.

This should not be a catalog of grievances against others, but an attempt to state the problem honestly. Thus, we learn that not all the difficulties were created by someone else, but by US, too.

TODAY’S REMINDER

Listing the good and bad elements in my situation will give me new insight. I will begin correcting my problems by changing myself. I will never try to compel someone else to change, for that would help neither of us.

“Knowing that only complete honesty will bring me to self-understanding, I pray that my Higher Power will help me guard against deceiving myself.”
Old 04-14-2012, 09:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing! I needed to read this today.