Notices

O M G... I think I'm going down

Old 04-14-2012, 08:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
In Recovery

O M G... I think I'm going down

Like down, like serious down, like I might be dead soon.... I've scaled back so much, I have massive stomach pains, I've tried every herbal vitamin there is, once I have a couple drinks it goes away, but I'm laying in bed for hours curled up, not resting, and yesterday it finally went away, this morning I woke up, lit a smoke and laid on my patio vomiting the orange juice I drank earlier.

Just 30 min ago I was laying on the floor, could not move... I am so sad... can't stop crying.... I have have made a pact not to return to the hospital. I hope I can move through this spiritually... God help me! Welcome to alcholoism!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

why would you not seek medical attention psilyguy?
that seems crazy to me....

D
Old 04-14-2012, 08:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
orangutan

Sorry to hear your going through this , I don't understand why you won't go to the hospital though it sounds like you really need the help.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Pact be damned. Alcohol withdrawal can kill you. Call 911 or have someone take you to the ER.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Psilyguy,

made a pact with whom? Is it worth dying over? Please go to the ER. No kidding with it. And let us know how you're doing, OK?

Love from Lenina
Old 04-14-2012, 08:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

mate , i feel your pain man i really do...been through the same myself on more than one occasion...(last time very recently) if it gets too much for you ,and it sounds like it is, then please see your doctor, best wishes
Old 04-14-2012, 08:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I was a nurse before I lost that career to addiction. PLEASE get to an ER. I'ts normal (at least IMO) to feel sad, disgusted, out of hope, but it's not worth dying over, and alcholol withdrawal can be fatal. The first death I saw in nursing school was an alcoholic who waited too long to seek help.

I was ready to die a few times when I was active in addiction, came close a few times. I've got 5 years in recovery, and that is something I couldn't even fathom at the time. I just wanted to give up.

Give yourself a chance, sweetie. Get medical attention NOW...please.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-14-2012, 08:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

A higher power helps those who help themselves.

Get medical attention, and keep praying
Old 04-14-2012, 09:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
In Recovery

Thanks peeps... This is my own battle, been to the doctor before, informed me I can't ever drink again. 2 weeks later I was back on the sauce. I've been through cancer, had plenty of needles put in my body. Not trying to make a sob story out of this, I just hope others who read this understand this is similar to Lost Boys when the vampire shows up and walks in the house.... nothing they did worked... and he finally tells them a vampire is immune to anything you do once you invite them in.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Well, it's your life, psilyguy. If that's all it means to you, then there's nothing I can do to change your mind. I think you are being quite ridiculous though. Good luck.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Get help...I was having massive stomach pains to the point of vomiting... I found out i have liver disease BAD! your liver is probably in bad shape go get help before its too late!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Psi,

It doesn't sound like a sob story, it's the reality of continued addiction. Please don't let a friend or loved one find you in a coma or dead. Even a total stranger will be very upset to find you. Please go to the ER. See about getting some inpatient treatment for alcoholism.

There is hope and recovery is possible.

Love from Lenina
Old 04-15-2012, 01:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by psilyguy View Post
I've scaled back so much, I have massive stomach pains, I've tried every herbal vitamin there is, once I have a couple drinks it goes away
Me too, it's strange how we'll try everything but give up drinking ain't it? I first went to the docs with stomach pains 2 years ago, I'm finally going back tomorrow sober and with the chance of doing something about it, but it's amazing how much better everything is just without drinking and smoking.

There is a way forward from this but first you will need to stop drinking. It's scary at first but it gets easier.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:54 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Alcohol is the great deceiver. Please get some medical help asap.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Too much silly drama here.

A "pact"? That's ridiculous. Here's a pact. It's YOUR life. The only "pact" is with yourself and getting healthy. All this sounds like a "poor me" "see how Noble I am" "I am sacrificing my health to not drink" "poor me".

Be an adult, see a doctor, get better, come back and read your post in a moment of weakness.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:59 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by psilyguy View Post
Thanks peeps... This is my own battle, been to the doctor before, informed me I can't ever drink again. 2 weeks later I was back on the sauce. I've been through cancer, had plenty of needles put in my body. Not trying to make a sob story out of this, I just hope others who read this understand this is similar to Lost Boys when the vampire shows up and walks in the house.... nothing they did worked... and he finally tells them a vampire is immune to anything you do once you invite them in.
Are you going to AA meetings?

Bob R
Old 04-15-2012, 05:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Psily...don't be silly. Be sober, and sober minded. Get the help you need now. We all have our reasons for our convictions, and our bullheadedness. But, I, for one, now know that, at 8 months into sobriety, the lies I was telling myself 8 months ago were largely ********. Don't tell yourself ********. Get to the hospital, and trust us when we say you can and will have a whole different perspective about it when you get a little sober time under your belt. Just go.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:25 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

This is my first post, I usually just read until I am ready to post myself. I read your post this morning and am very concerned for you. I just wanted you to know that I care what happens to you and pray that you will seek the help you need. Please don't give up, your worth more than you may think you are and there is always hope. God bless you!
Old 04-18-2012, 03:40 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Was wondering how you were doing? Your last post had me and probably many others concerned.