Notices

hydrocodone withdrawals..

Old 04-13-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hydrocodone withdrawals..

hi, im new here, ive actually been creeping this site for about a week now. Ive been addicted to hydrocodone since 08' and i recently within 6 months or so have decided i want to be done. i feel like a slave to my addiction which started during an abuse relationship, i have come to rely so greatly on my pills for happiness, i feel so lost..now i am on my 3rd attempt at getting clean and in day 2 of withdrawal, this is the farthest i have made it without caving in so far, i dont really know hat im looking for, maybe just some hope that this will get better..just being on here reading everyones stories helps alittle.. well thanks for reading..
Old 04-13-2012, 10:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so sorry! I went through a little problem with that myself, and the withdrawals are the absolute worst, but day 3 generally seemed to be as bad as it was gonna get, and then it gradually got easier. The hardest thing to me was the obsessive thinking about the drug, and then I would get on SR and read the "Substance Abuse" forum where people talk about losing everything for their pills and spending thousands and thousands of dollars for more pills and it scared me enough to focus on something else besides the pills. That and AA/NA meetings can also help some people get some perspective on their addiction. I really feel for you, I remember how sick and depressed I was and I don't feel like that anymore, only because I let myself go through the pain of withdrawal without running out for more, just by trying to stay busy and honestly, read horror stories of what pill addiction has done to other people. It's a serious problem. Might not be a bad idea to consult a doctor too, sometimes they can help. Best of luck to you.
WK
Old 04-13-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome wstlndsoldier

You'll find a lot of support here.
I have no personal experience with hydros, but you might want to check out our substance abuse forum as well?

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome to SR

D
Old 04-13-2012, 02:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I'm glad you found us.