I have temporary custody

Old 04-12-2012, 09:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have temporary custody

Today has been very hard on me. I went in front of the judge who granted me temporary custody. My AD texted wanting to get the baby,this was before I saw the judge so I didn't mention what I was doing,I told her we were shopping in a neighboring state and that stopped everything from blowing up. I have to deal with it tomorrow. I know it's the best thing but it's one of the hardest things I have ever done. My AD is verbally abusive to me, I know it's the drugs but she doesn't talk to anyone the way she does me. I'm scared for all of us. She's just down right mean. My mother told me tonight that sometime doing the right thing hurts and boy does it. I wish it didnt have to be this way. My heart is breaking tonight.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((obsessed))) - I'm sorry about your daughter, but very glad that you got temporary custody of your grandbaby.

Big hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-12-2012, 10:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by obsessed View Post
I'm scared for all of us. She's just down right mean.
Please have a plan ready and I'm sorry you're hurting. I'm so glad you're there for the baby
Old 04-13-2012, 03:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Don't be scared, be prepared. Have a plan in place for if she shows up....like calling 911. You may need to get a restraining order if she continues to "scare" you with her threats.

This baby is blessed to have you, one day soon you both will feel blessed to have each other.

Hugs
Old 04-13-2012, 10:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by obsessed View Post

My AD is verbally abusive to me, I know it's the drugs but she doesn't talk to anyone the way she does me.
I used to say the same thing about my daughter.

It took me time and some therapy to realize that her words do not define me and that her words continued because I allowed myself to listen. Somewhere along the way, I had forgotten I had the power to remove myself from any situation that involved verbal abuse and that I do not allow anyone to abuse anyone under my roof.