Addicted BF's vs Addicted GF's

Old 04-12-2012, 11:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Addicted BF's vs Addicted GF's

I just realized something about myself that isn’t too cool. Here I was irritated with girls that are afraid there addict BFs will leave them. Well, what I realized is that I have not had the same concern for dudes that stay with their Addicted GFs. I admired the guys for staying and thought they were weak for leaving, but was frustrated and protective with the ladies. I think it is because I am a female, and my BF has stayed with me through some pretty bad BS, Hell, I would have left me if I were him at certain points in our relationship. Plus my pop was an addict and my mom stayed, so I take stuff too personal and am protective of the girls. Anyhow, this was a good realization for me, and I think maybe I can try to apply a balance in the future. I also wonder if this is common, or if I am the only one.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Trust me, you aren't the only one. I have noticed the same thing to a lesser extent myself.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

...waiting for ZOSO...
Old 04-12-2012, 01:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

yea, I know cynical one. I was just covering the basics.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Funny thing about this room is that I learn a lot about myself that I would not have known. Part of me likes this and part of me does not.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

On the flip side, great thing about this room, is seeing and experiencing all the self awareness
Old 04-12-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yep Chino,

I thought I was OK after having no contact with the AS--that is going well, but perhaps when I stopped focusing my world on his issues I realize I have my own. I am facing them. I just never saw what a distraction it was.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by December2011 View Post
Yep Chino,

I thought I was OK after having no contact with the AS--that is going well, but perhaps when I stopped focusing my world on his issues I realize I have my own. I am facing them. I just never saw what a distraction it was.
Me too December. It was so convenient for me to put all of my focus on my son and his shortcomings.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by December2011 View Post
Yep Chino,

Amen, sister. This is all good, just don't forget that when you focus on your issues, you get to be kind to yourself too. Self-discovery is a wonderful thing, even if it is a little scary. I think you will like that "stranger called you" when you get to know her a little better.

Hugs
Old 04-12-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ty Ann, and to think.. I thought everyone here had issues but me

You know the drill, so used to the drama each day with the AS, and being the "hero" trying to fix it all... i do not know what to do with myself now--akkkkkk!
Old 04-12-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

December, I'm still figuring out what to do with myself. I know, accept, and like me, but me myself and I are always having a problem staying busy LOL
Old 04-12-2012, 04:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

shockozulu,

"Its Mr Higher Power unless I'm angry, then just like everyone else in my life it simply becomes Mr. Power."

Damn, I really love that quote and wanted to Nic it, but it does have the copyright- ha

And Ty Chino, I get what you are saying
Old 04-12-2012, 08:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

December, what a great insight. I feel the same way. I am one of those who know that for me... I worry all the time. When the worry goes away, I am now anxious, what to do now with all of that conquering spirit within me? Letting go and looking within takes courage.
Great work
TT