OT Morning RANT -New (alcoholic?) roomie from hell

Old 04-12-2012, 05:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

OT Morning RANT -New (alcoholic?) roomie from hell

I swear I am paying bad karma

So while I was away the admins of the house I rent a room in accepted a new roomie

I open the fridge - filled with beer bottles. And red bull.

The common room was turned to what honestly seems like a bar/domino.

I arrive today at 8PM. 1 AM and she still had guests and loud music.
I tell her I study & work and I need to sleep. She says its fine.

All is fine for a while then her friends are back at 3 AM.

I go downstairs once again and ask them to keep it down. They lower the music volume for 10 minutes then back again. And they are LOUD. Something tells me they are drunk and/or high. The roomie is already asleep, I try to wake her up and I am not able to. Asleep? most probably passed out.

So I told the admins about this and they say we need to put some rules and we will all talk...

For now I need to prepare for work already, have to go to the bank, got a LONG day before me and NO REST due to some alcoholics!!

I CRIED in frustration.

Hopefully I am able to buy a place for myself and finally stop dealing with so much BS. That will take time though... not much sleep due to work and when I feel I will start relaxing, THIS!! I swear I am paying some karma here

Thanks for letting me vent.

Its sad though, this is a "party girl" alright, young addicts around their 20s. I feel bad for them.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep after administration and tell them you can't even sleep. Record the noise and play it back to them. My heart goes out to you, it sounds unbearable.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

O.M.G.
That really blows.
I don't know what to say other than keep reporting them.
Sleep deprivation is horrible. My little one came into my bed around
midnight last night. She was moaning, tossing and turning, kicking me
in her sleep. I am a zombie today, but at least it was my darling little
and not some dumbazz, drunk kids.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with the idea of recording the noise and complaining to the admins of the house. That is awful for you and has to be a nightmare. Home is the place you should be free of stress and I am so sorry you are dealing with this
Old 04-13-2012, 08:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

OH NO!! I know EXACTLY what this situation is like!! I had an alcoholic for a roomate this summer. Worst experience ive ever had. He never cleaned, would drive home sh*t faced and would be passed out in his car in the drive way at 9 am during binges. He would come home and break things if the dishes werent clean. And wake me up demanding me to clean. If I were sick he would still play pool outside my bedroom while drunk. Needless to say I did a lot of journaling, meditating, and walking during that time. Im sorry you are experiencing this. I recommend getting out of this situation ASAP. *Hugs*
Old 04-13-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

In my old apartment complex the apartment below me was Party Central, starting at 10pm and continuing until 3am. I made repeated calls to the administrators of the complex all during the partying, and if I was lucky they'd drive out and sit in the parking lot and say they couldn't hear anything so they didn't file anything.

That's because the complex was insulated against sound from the outside but it carried up through the walls/radiator pipes/floor/etc. A look in the window would show all the underage people partying. Originally it was only Friday/Saturday/Sunday, but once graduations hit from the local college it was every night of the week at all hours. I'm not sure if anyone slept in that apartment, ever. They more just passed out.
I kept copious notes about when the noise started, when it ended, when I called the apartment about it, what the apartment said... six months later it was still going on.

Eventually they moved out (lease was up) and the next tenants did the same thing. My lease was up then, so I moved.

I hope you have better luck than me.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Thanks friends... well the admins want all of us to meet up.. they also do not agree on this so at least I got the support!

My lease ends in June so at least its not that long anymore.. I will hopefully be able to start looking for my own place (with my mom's help) soon and move somewhere else without any roomie... and hopefully more peace!