Im scared

Old 04-11-2012, 10:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im scared

Its been a while since Ive been here. ALOT has happened. My AD is now 23 and has the most precious baby girl who is 18 months old, Im sure as you all know that Im basically raising. My AD stays gone 98% of the time, which I prefer because if not we are walking on eggshells the entire time she is here. She was arrested in January for possession of marijuana and is on probation. She left on Friday, came home Sunday and left again on Monday with her husband who can't keep his hands to hisself, has texted one time yesterday and luckily the baby is here with me. I have an appointment in morning with an attorney to file for temporary custody which they told me we would get an emergency hearing next week but I am so scared that they will come for the baby before the hearing and if my AD had a clue about would take the baby. I have never been so scared for this little angel. Ive given up that my AD will most likely never change. And for this probation thing I called the probation officer Tuesday morning and told him that they needed to drug test her that she was using any and everything and I was told that she is on unsupervised probation and they won't!!!! I honestly was shocked. We moved in with my ex husband not my ADs dad back in August which was not a bad thing. We have a great relationship and hes helping me with the baby. I quit my job in February to be home with the baby because she was more or less being what I would call neglected. It scares me that Im 42 and going to raise another child. Please help!!!!
Old 04-12-2012, 03:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I think it is wonderful that you are watching over that dear little one, my heart and prayers go out for you and all the grandmas here who are raising the children of their addicted loved ones.

Your lawyer can advise you best in all this, I'm glad you are getting an emergency hearing. Document as much as you can to take with you and hopefully it will go well. If the parents of this dear child haven't been around much or shown interest in actual parenting, I think the judge will see that and make a wise decision.

You may want to clarify what her visitation rights will be too, I'm not sure if she still lives there or not. If she is actively using I don't think this child should every be in her care without supervision. Just my thought.

Good luck, my prayers go with you.

Hugs
Old 04-12-2012, 06:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Please don't forget to take care of you through this process. I'm glad this little one has a loving grandmother.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 04-12-2012, 06:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank goodness the baby as a wonderful grandmother. My thoughts and prayers are with you through all this. There was a similar situation in my family. One of my cousins had an AD. They went through a lot with her before they went and got full custody of the child. The child is being raised by her grandmother (my cousin) and the AD has supervised visitation. The AD's sister also helps in raising the child. It's a sad situation but at lease this little angel...and yours...has a good family to fall back on.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What appears to be your first post on SR is titled " I'm scared to death". That was almost 6 years ago. Your daughter has unfortunately had a long history with drugs and you have given her so many opportunities to learn.

Document this history for the court to demonstrate that she is not, in her current state, competent to parent. You are under no obligation to allow your daughter to return home. Seek legal advice about what to do in the event she demands her child between now and your court date.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Just Keep Swimming

I am also thankful that your granddaughter has you. I wonder if there is anywhere else you could stay until the court hearing so that you wouldn't have to worry about your AD coming for the baby?
Old 04-12-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by obsessed View Post
It scares me that Im 42 and going to raise another child. Please help!!!!
You're already doing that and have been for the last two months, one day at a time. Should you get custody, continuing to do that one day at a time will help you stay in the moments, enjoy them, instead of fearing them. You and the baby are so fortunate to have the support of your ex; please continue to do the next indicated thing for all three of you.