Going to my first meeting on Friday....

Old 04-11-2012, 03:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Going to my first meeting on Friday....

Well, I was having a hard time finding meetings in my area so my fiance asked his counselor at his outpatient if she knew of any nearby and she gave him a list and turns out it's only a 5 minute drive from my house. So, I will be attending my first alanon meeting on Friday and honestly I am excited about going. I'm a little nervous but I'm really looking forward to it. My fiance has really been focusing on his recovery and I haven't been focusing on mine and it has caused some tension but knowing that I am finally going to make it to a meeting has me feeling good. I know I need it badly. Seeing all the positive things everyone has to say about alanon meetings on here has really influenced me. Anyway, I just thought I would share this with everyone and I will make sure to keep you all posted on how it went
Old 04-11-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you were able to find a meeting closeby. Keep us posted. I am always interested to hear the feedback of newcomers.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 04-11-2012, 04:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
TMZ

I am glad you found a meeting near you. No reason to be nervous it will be just fine. please keep us posted.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm so happy for you Krystal. You know I'm cheering YOU on, and rooting for your guy.*

Don't be hard on yourself for not getting to a meeting sooner; you did just have a baby girl !*
I Hope she is doing well.*

Its great the meeting is so close as I'm sure it's hard to be away from her right now.*
Good luck & Thanks for sharing.
Kel
Old 04-12-2012, 10:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It was hard for me to walk thru the doors the first time. And once I got there , all I did my first 3 or 4 meetings was cry. But funny enough, I felt better and I KNEW I wanted what some of those people had. They had icky stuff going on in their lives, but they seemed balanced and settled... I wanted to be happy and laugh again. They didn't have instant answers, but they had a program that could work if I was willing to work it, and they encouraged me to keep coming back.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My first meeting was difficult and confusing- I cried the entire way through my share, but noone judged, they just passed me tissues and several woman approached me and hugged me at the end. I find an amazing energy in those rooms and it's just wonderful to be around people who understand.
Hope you and the kids are good
Old 04-12-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I cried through my first three meetings also, not so much because of sadness but tears of relief, I knew I had found people who understood me...finally. And they passed tissues and didn't push me, so I listened to how people who had been to hell and back were living well today, and I could SEE it, the peace and serenity filled the room.

You made a wise decision, hope it all helps you as much as it has helped so many of us.

Hugs
Old 04-12-2012, 03:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the support. I know I'm going to get so much out of this, I can feel it. I can feel deep in my heart that I need this. I tend to be an emotional person in general, so I know hearing things that are going to hit so close to home is really going to have an impact on me. I will makes sure to bring tissues

Windmills- The kids and I are doing really well, thank you for asking

Kelley- My little lady is doing good, getting big, she's a little chunky monkey
Old 04-12-2012, 08:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Krystal32 View Post

Kelley- My little lady is doing good, getting big, she's a little chunky monkey
Aww... That's so cute.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hello everyone
Just wanted to let you guys know that my first meeting went really well. Everyone was so kind and welcoming and I even spoke a little!! I surprised myself but I really wanted to share my thoughts and I was pretty nervous but it felt good. It was nice to listen to other people talk as well. All in all it was really good and I look forward to going again. There's A LOT to learn and I'm ready to embrace it all. Thank you again everyone for all your support and encouragement