Notices

My Progress

Old 04-11-2012, 06:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Progress

Hello All - just wanted to ramble a bit. I had one day last week where I drank more than I "planned". Ha ha. Anyway, the next day was my day to start really working on this issue. I did not have anything to drink until Easter, when I had a glass of wine with dinner at my neighbor's house. I just did not feel like explaining myself to anyone - and I did fine. I had the one glass, and was done. There was no urge to have more there, or to go home and continue to drink.

That made me feel better about my ability to control myself. I am not saying I should try to moderate - as at this point that is not even my goal. I just want to be healthy and non-reliant on ANYTHING to make me feel "better".

I am under a lot of stress this week as I am at my elderly parent's house taking care of them - legal issues, doctor appts., etc. and as far have done well.

My only urge happened after my "husband" (we are separated but living in the same home) forgot to take me to the bus that takes me to the airport. I immediately felt sorry for myself for not having anyone that puts me first, blah, blah, blah. I think that's my trigger - lonely feelings. That helps me to know this.

Anyway, thanks for listening! I feel very confident in my quest at this point.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're not trying to moderate.

And, beware of the addict-voice that tells you that you have control when you have only one drink. It's lying to you.

I hope you can find healthy ways to deal with stress in your life.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Anna - thanks for your reply. I am happy with myself for going several days (I am trying to not focus on the exact number for my own reasons) with no urge or feeling to drink and then able to have the glass of wine. I am not ready to deal with talking to my close friends/neighbors/"husband". It was easier to sip on the wine than to call attention to the fact that I was not having anything (which may have gone unnoticed).

For the most part, he is my trigger - and I think he would be very sad to know that - but, it is the truth!!