(NC)Why do I feel like i'm having withdrawals??

Old 04-10-2012, 10:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

(NC)Why do I feel like i'm having withdrawals??

I have an interview in an hour and I feel like im having withdrawals from him. This NC thing sucks. Im on the third day and don't feel like myself. My chick friends are wonderful but my male friends end up making me miss him more. My guy friend's words dont touch my heart quite like his did. He would always tell me, "Your strong, hard work pays off, your a leader, etc" He always knew just what to say to encourage me during the hard days. If I could only keep the wonderful parts of him and kill off the parts that make him an alcoholic Ive always been really good at self affirming myself but it would just be nice to hear it with his voice. I feel crazy for feeling like im having withdrawals from him. He always made me giggle like no other. Sigh..This too shall pass.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
And Presents For Pretty Girls

I feel for your situation. My EXAB and I ended it for the last time on Friday. We had a terrible fight the night before which didn't allow us to have a "proper" goodbye. So, I spent a few days thinking about how I won't be kissing him anymore or lying in his arms having him hold me.

For myself, I have to work on feeling that love and security on my own. It's the only real thing I need from him. The rest was so much pain and aggravation I find it hard to imagine a little intimacy could keep me hooked on him.

Something I've read here many times is that they are just feelings. You don't have to act on them and they won't kill you. I had to find a distracting thought whenever I would start to think about the feeling I had when I kissed him.

I've also been using EFT tapping to really try and remove these feelings I have towards him.

Hopefully you will find whatever you need to get through the withdrawal. I feel for ya!
Old 04-10-2012, 01:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Reaching out to our A was comfortable.

No Contact is UNcomfortable.

Be gentle, and give yourself time to adjust.